Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Technically, I have 1 more day before my Trigger Point is met.

I'm going to stop all normal routines if/when Disneyland in Anaheim closes... for just two(2) weeks...
I'm in denial right now. "This can not really be happening?":confused:

Partly, I sorta expected it to be the last domino to fall in the row of closures. I expected Disneyland Paris, and DisneyWorld to fall first. Second, I lived and grew up in SoCal and went to Disneyland at least once a year.:xeye:

My reaction right now is that I want to make one more shopping run, tomorrow, for more booze and candybars; no need for extra toilet paper and bubble gum.:cool:

How did I manage to step into the first scene of a horror movie?:confused:

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Beyond Trigger Point?

Anyone else?:cool:

Really, No One has reached their trigger point yet?:confused:

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
There was already a thread on this. Several people hit it already.

Personally, I'm not a sure what a trigger point would mean exactly.

Its a progression for me. Its been progressing since there where just 44 deaths. Its progressed further now than it was then.

There are a lot of things that can be trigger points....

But what are you triggering? Thats the question. I don't see it like flipping a switch between....what? Normal and "Captain Trips?"

Maybe its because I don't know who normal is.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was already a thread on this. Several people hit it already.
And your invisible link to collaborate your claim is helping you how?

Not only that, but the question was, "Now What?"

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
And your invisible link to collaborate your claim is helping you how?

Not only that, but the question was, "Now What?"
The thread is called "Corona Virus trigger point" I didn't think It needed its own link, its pretty active:

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=936284

Its your trigger point...."Now What" would seem to be a personal matter. I have no idea what 'normal routines' means.

·
Grevcon 10
13,369 Posts
Hit Grevcon 10 on Friday. Basically, it's now definitely here in our immediate presence. We're implementing the plans and getting everyone sent to their individual quarantines. Saying good bye to my wife for months in a little over 24 hours. She'll be the one in the dynamic situation and some of my time's going to be spent stressing over her. She plans to hide away and be a complete germaphobe, stick it out until they are unable to provide her with reasonable infection control to work with, and then she'll quit and hopefully not be seriously ill. Once everyone's settled in, then we just wait and stay vigilant until it becomes safe enough to combine quarantines and move up to the BOL where we'll spend our day farming, foraging, hunting, and running security.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I reached the trigger point last month, I began stocking up even more before everyone hit the grocery stores. I go to the same two grocery stores all the time and the cashiers are nearly on a name-to-name basis and they were looking at me with pity. I made an extra trip during the big rush and it was insane, the cashiers were done. I haven't been to the grocery store in weeks, and I don't plan on returning for a while. I'll go to the local farmers if I need anything, they're all cash only right now if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may or may not work as a Mechanic at Disney World. Don't let them fool you, they're only closing the front end(ride operators, food/store attendants and parks themselves)

However all of maintenance for all the "closed rides, vehicles etc" still have to come in. It's kind of silly considering many maintenance workers have gone on/or currently are on cruises and will be coming back potentially infecting other maintenance workers and the cycle continues...

So if its dangerous that they need to close the park... Why are maintenance for closed rides/vehicles suppose to come in? And the front end guys all get a paid 2 week vacation, folks aren't happy. They should close all the hotels, send folks home but no its all about the almighty $$$.

·
I am interrogative, yes.
1,167 Posts
I'm staying home with a few exceptions. I have one last (I hope) doctor's appointment tomorrow, something crucial that I can't put off. Two remaining Amazon orders are coming in this week and will need to be picked up at the post office.

Unfortunately I have meds that can only be filled for 30 days at a time so I still have to pick those up every four weeks. Maybe I should transfer to a pharmacy with a drive-through window so I don't have to go inside.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hit Grevcon 10 on Friday. Basically, it's now definitely here in our immediate presence. We're implementing the plans and getting everyone sent to their individual quarantines. Saying good bye to my wife for months in a little over 24 hours...
And, is just being a human robot about doing what needs to be done some sort of coping mechanism?

As of today, second day self of quarantine, and first full day of quarantine, I'm mentally okay with the situation.

My trip to the local store in the morning was a real eye opener. As I drove into the parking lot on Saturday morning at 0900 there was cart after cart coming out of the store that were mostly full of TP.

My cart had NO paper products, and some people noticed.:D: It was full of booze and candy bars!:thumb: Oh, and two(2) each of fresh chicken and ham that were half off with card; going into vacuum sealed bags and into the freezer tomorrow.

I have a problem with my teeth and I wish I had remembered to buy another thing of toothpicks.:upsidedown:

So long as I have internet, I'm okay with the situation.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Our trigger point was last Friday Mar 6. Been fishing, reading, gaming, and lounging by the lake. Have not seen a single person external to the camp.

One thing I won't be doing is making trips to Home Depot or Walmart with the herds.

Three more weeks and then I'll re-evaluate.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,276 Posts

I hit my "Trigger Point" just over (50) Fifty years ago. Finished formal education at "RIT" in Rochester, NY. got on a new 747, carried all my guns into the passenger cabin, and put them in the overhead compartments. Got off in Anchorage, AK. moved to wilderness Alaska. I been Bugged'out for five decades.

·
Time waits for no one
430 Posts
The better half and I are first responders so we are stuck working, the .gov closed kids schools for 3 weeks (for now) trigger point has hit. Shaved the beard that has been there for 17 years so my mask will fit tight. With the beard fires, tear gas, 2 month old carcasses, no worries, with a parent who has 50 percent lung capacity, who watches the kids I am very concerned about this for my parents health.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I hit my "Trigger Point" just over (50) Fifty years ago. Finished formal education at "RIT" in Rochester, NY. got on a new 747, carried all my guns into the passenger cabin, and put them in the overhead compartments. Got off in Anchorage, AK. moved to wilderness Alaska. I been Bugged'out for five decades.
That was a good plan, no flu or common cold for fifty years.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts