Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vice President of Tactical Intelligence Scott Stewart discusses personal safety during mob violence situations while using the recent London riots as an example.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm so fortunate to live where I do. I have no duty to retreat, my home is my castle, my government recognizes my right of self defense......

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,606 Posts
The guy in the video is right that mobs can break thru security, but if there's someone armed behind it they'll move on to a safer target. I disagree that there's "very little a person can do to defend themselves". I think there's many ways a person can defend themselves. Kalashnikov, Remington, Colt, Ruger, Mossberg, Springfiled, S&W....

I've lived through 2 riots. Some interesting people watching. In both cases when LE got aggressive it was responded to in kind and the situation got much worse. It's like everyone on both sides is overtaken by some temporary insanity. IMO the best thing to do is STAY OUT OF IT. Both rioters and LE are potentially dangerous. Cover the windows and be armed. If you bug out, you're exposed. Hole up with some firepower. Mobs have short attention spans.

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
The guy in the video is right that mobs can break thru security, but if there's someone armed behind it they'll move on to a safer target. I disagree that there's "very little a person can do to defend themselves". I think there's many ways a person can defend themselves. Kalashnikov, Remington, Colt, Ruger, Mossberg, Springfiled, S&W....

I've lived through 2 riots. Some interesting people watching. In both cases when LE got aggressive it was responded to in kind and the situation got much worse. It's like everyone on both sides is overtaken by some temporary insanity. IMO the best thing is to do is STAY OUT OF IT. Both rioters and LE are potentially dangerous. Cover the windows and be armed. If you bug out, you're exposed. Hole up with some firepower. Mobs have short attention spans.
hmmm, some people on here would say you are a coward for taking that action :D:

Not me however...I think laying low and undetected is the best move and only taking action if they are trying to burn you out or bust in the door...then they quickly find out they bit off more than they can chew, and off they go down the street for an easier target...all while hopefully dragging off their dead so you wont have to do much cleanup after :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts