Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this really cool infographic so thought I would share with you guys here. If you are one of those who likes to get close to wildlife, this might be a handy chart to have a peek at. For example : your chances of surviving might be better if you come across a lion as compared to a mosquito, but well, you already knew that. Anyways, here is the link to the chart

http://www.fancystats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/inj_infographic.jpg

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I can tell you one thing not to expect and that is help arriving very soon. For this reason, my medical kits include SAM splints, tourniquets, medium pain meds, anti-biotics, antihistamines and I have lights, flares and Iridium SAT phone. Medevac is minimum 2 hours away from call.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My favorite safety piece of equipment is my SPOT satellite messenger. I can send an "I'm ok" message to my parents who worry about me living in the forest every week, as well as being a cheap EPIRB for emergencies. I was so glad when they were invented. Easy to carry and gives everyone peace of mind.
Of course it still can take a long while for anyone to answer so I have a good first aid kit and lots of experience

Cheers,
Rowan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.