Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personal income in 42 states fell in 2009, the Commerce Department said Thursday.

Nevada's 4.8% plunge was the steepest, as construction and tourism industries took a beating. Also hit hard: Wyoming, where incomes fell 3.9%.

Incomes stayed flat in two states and rose in six and the District of Columbia. West Virginia had the best showing with a 2.1% increase. In Maine, Kentucky and Hawaii, increased government benefits, such as unemployment insurance and Social Security, offset drops in earnings and property values.

Nationally, personal income from wages, dividends, rent, retirement plans and government benefits declined 1.7% last year, unadjusted for inflation. One bright spot: As the economy recovered, personal income was up in all 50 states in the fourth quarter compared with the third. Connecticut, again, had the highest per capita income of the 50 states at $54,397 in 2009. Mississippi ranked lowest at $30,103.

Interactive Map

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703409804575144033573666238.html?mod=igoogle_wsj_gadgv1&#project%3DPERSONALINCOME1003%26articleTabs%3Dinteractive

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,574 Posts
Real incomes are at the 1999 levels

So is the stock market

USA lost a decade of growth
We have been feeding a false system since 1913. This is nothing. Once the consequences of our counterfeiting come back and hit us, we will find that we abandoned everything that produces tangible wealth, in search of the false glimmer of the fiat dollar.

God help us.

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
Well, for eight years of Bush, and I voted for him twice, everyone that wasn't just flush with cash was just a whiner. At the end, that did in McCain's campaign when his financial wizard said there was no recession, people were in a mental recession. This has been going on for years. Now they come out like it's big news and most people that have been surviving it just yawn at them. Or simply look at them like they are retarded or liars finally coming clean.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
In both the US and UK (under Thatcher, if I recall), the plan was to create a debt financed middle-class who'd empathize with the values of the upper-class. They'd see themselves as homeowners (rather than borrowers), drive nice cars, send their kids to college, have toys, etc. and perhaps not champion the interests of the working-class. They'd see themselves as aspiring upper-class.

Perhaps it worked for awhile, an in illusory sort of way. But unlike governments and banks, ordinary humans can only borrow so much -- until they're up to their eyeballs in debt.

The question isn't so much what our incomes are, but how much more personal debt can the average person still encumber -- and what happens when debt-servitude is fully saturated?

the middle class is erradicated lowly since the 50's.
just have a rich upp-class to rule, and a large low-income class as consumers/producers.

·
Banned
6,705 Posts
KBR.com and Fluor.com. Oversaes jobs. they may be hiring americans still. you will hate them as employers. they steal money hand over fist from you. and each day they threaten to fire you. And many do get sent home. The salad days for overseas work in over. Oh yes, they do try to kill you over here too! but, isn't everyone?

·
Banned
6,705 Posts
I got a $50,000 raise in Feb, but my checks look the same....everything is incentive laiden and then they are changing the conditions. They intent to fire us and hire Indians who work for $700 a month and get a vacation every two years....

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
There are numerous sources out there which suggest that nearly all new wealth in the US for the past 25-40 years has gone to the older and already-wealthy demographics. 2009's figures are old news at this point.

To the guy who posted about Fluor.com, there's some interesting information on them. Apparently one of the bigwigs there was married to a former CIA head (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...tants_profit_from_their_pentagon_ties?mode=PF). One of the companies that won billion dollar bids for the rebuilding of Iraq and didn't have to show for it. I thought they also fubar'd the labor party in England, but I can't seem to find a link to verify that right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.