Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are a beret wearing hippie chick, you vote Democratic largely because they generally suppoprt woman's reproductive freedom, and a strong block of conservative Republicans do not. But what about personal conduct. When do the deeds of these guys matter. Clinton was great as trying to seperate private ethics (he has none) to political ethics (he was pretty true to his promises). When does personal conduct matter?

Al Gore: We are all waiting to hear what he's done. My guess is it involves chickens or dolphins.

Clinton: Gave meaning to the word "Lewinsky" and gave lawyers an example of how to stretch the truth while looking right into someone's eyes.

John Edwards: Really needs to burn in hell.

Elliot Spitzer: (see above)

Jim McGreevy: Former Gov. on NJ, when caught in a scandal, played the gay card.

Jon Corzine: Former Gov. of NJ: Mixed monkey business with pleasure.

David Paterson: Present Gov. NY, great potential, lost opprotunities.

If you are a committed Democrat, will you vote for him despite his conduct?

BTW, for Republicans, maybe your issue is gun control. Will you vote for a creep just because he says he is against gun control? Is that all that matters? Many on the right say Sen. McCain was a poor choice for Pres. I supported him and still do, becasue of his personal attributes.

Comments:

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
George W Bush- (take your pick)

A) seized more of our rights then any other president in American history save, Abraham Lincoln. Illegal war, Stole a second term, Over a hundred war crimes still being pushed by other nations for prosecution. Gives a bad name to Texas, fakes an accent and isn't really a native Texan. He is from Massachusetts and Furthermore was a Cheer leader.

OR

B) Rightfully made the Patriot act, as it was actually needed to Stop Terrorists from kicking in my front door and forcing our daughters to not dress like sluts. Then accidently left THE most powerful weapon on American Civil Rights, in the hands of an Insane Demi God, who hates America. Good job, you left a 12 gauge shot gun in the hands of a mad man before you left.

Punishment? Expose him, turn him over to world courts to be judged. Arrest him along with any conspirators. Do what Obama promissed on Change.org, but then turned around and didn't do. (gee I wonder why..? Duhhh...) Have him face blind, impartial, justice.

·
Vigilant
3,749 Posts
Punishment? Expose him, turn him over to world courts to be judged. Arrest him along with any conspirators.
As to this, given our standing in the world, the world view on America, and her policies; at the risk of sounding arrogant... I think no American politician should ever be held to legal account by, or in any nation but the U.S. That said, any grievances brought by other nations should be investigated and handled domesticly. I feel that in the U.S. anyone in a position of power should be held to the highest standards. And when convicted of betraying the public trust should be sentenced to the highest degree of harshness. You know the saying... With great power comes great responsibility? Well, with such great power, and responsibility, so too should come maximum accountability.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
As to this, given our standing in the world, the world view on America, and her policies; at the risk of sounding arrogant... I think no American politician should ever be held to legal account by, or in any nation but the U.S. That said, any grievances brought by other nations should be investigated and handled domesticly. I feel that in the U.S. anyone in a position of power should be held to the highest standards. And when convicted of betraying the public trust should be sentenced to the highest degree of harshness. You know the saying... With great power comes great responsibility? Well, with such great power, and responsibility, so too should come maximum accountability.
Are we afraid of him being sentenced to quickly or unfairly by some world court? If our politicians don't answer to us, and they don't answer to the world, then who do they answer to?

I don't get why George Bush shouldn't get the same fair justice he gave to Sadam.

I think what is fair and "American", left town many many years ago.

Instead of us making lists of every leader, then listing a punishment, which will no doubt put us on some threat list by the Feds, I say we make lists of people who AREN'T corrupt. The list for bad politicians, would be so long, this server would crash.

How many Heros and Ethical Politicians can you think of?

Let me start. Ron Paul. - Hero to many, EXPERT in Economics, and a hero in my home.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
I feel that in the U.S. anyone in a position of power should be held to the highest standards. And when convicted of betraying the public trust should be sentenced to the highest degree of harshness.
Agreed 100%. However, politicians are never convicted, tried, or held to any standards.

The checks and balances are broken.

The only thing left is revolution where we purge by fire or divine intervention.

But that wont happen.

Revelations 18

"Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!
She has become a home for demons
and a haunt for every evil[a] spirit,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.
3For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries."

4Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
"Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Mix her a double portion from her own cup.
7Give her as much torture and grief

·
Vigilant
3,749 Posts
Agreed 100%. However, politicians are never convicted, tried, or held to any standards.- Some do get convicted, but yes, there needs to be greater accountability.

The checks and balances are broken.- I agree. They are badly in need of repair.

The only thing left is revolution where we purge by fire or divine intervention.- Bingo!

But that wont happen.- I haven't given up just yet.

Revelations 18- As bad as things seem. I think we have a very, very, long way down the spiral before this applies directly. It's bad now. But when these prophecies start coming to fruition; the jewish holocaust will look like a trip to Disney World. And Adolf Hitler, will comparatively speaking, seem as dangerous as Minnie Mouse.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
As long as they're not breaking the law, I don't think I care what they do in their private (or public) lives. I'm not sure why politicians are held to a higher standard than anyone else.

Although, they're more likely to be exposed as hypocrites, but even that doesn't have to affect their job performance.

·
Vigilant
3,749 Posts
As long as they're not breaking the law, I don't think I care what they do in their private (or public) lives. I'm not sure why politicians are held to a higher standard than anyone else.

Although, they're more likely to be exposed as hypocrites, but even that doesn't have to affect their job performance.
Because they are represenetives of the pepole as a whole. Other nations often judge the entire character of a people, based singularly on the actions, and deeds/misdeeds, of a single individual. Their leader. For example Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, George Washington, Tony Blair, Charles Taylor, Barack Obama, and on, and on, and on. Any part of their lives when made public ideally should be representative of our people as a whole. Regardless of whether or not they intended said action to be made public. Heavy is the head that wears the crown...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i can never support someone once I lose respect for them as a person, or someone that i think is completely full of **** and is only taking a position I like because its the position of their party.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Revelations 18- As bad as things seem. I think we have a very, very, long way down the spiral before this applies directly. It's bad now. But when these prophecies start coming to fruition; the jewish holocaust will look like a trip to Disney World. And Adolf Hitler, will comparatively speaking, seem as dangerous as Minnie Mouse.
I agree, except for the part about us having a "very, very, long way down the spiral before this applies directly".
I think we could be a deaths door already. Examples are too numerous to cite, but this oil spill in the gulf could just decimate the gulf regions' coastal economies, then ride the gulf stream up the eastern seaboard, and do it there,too.
Politically, one more grand-slam like we saw in '08, and the change in social/political climate could make all our worst nightmares come true.
Economically, we have gone well beyong the point of no-return, there's no fixing it, and there's no avoiding what's coming.
Environmentally, as the gulf spill and the Icelandic volcano has shown, we never know where the next kidney punch could be coming from, but they're coming, and we're already hanging on by our fingernails and the ledge is beginning to crumble.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I'm not sure why politicians are held to a higher standard than anyone else.
For starters, they themselves assure us that they will be just,honorable,truthful,loyal,faithful,prudent,etc.etc. then they often turn out to be lying,selfish,ammoral,unfaithful,greedy,self-serving,back-stabbing jerks.
Why WOULD we want these people representing our interests ?? And if our elected officials can't be held to any higher standard, then who among us can be ??

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts

*chokes*

Um, on both sides, almost all of them are breaking the law.

They are not paying taxes, getting caught with drugs, creating illegal wars, murdering, accepting bribes, just to name a few.

Also, they represent me. Its their job to represent me. I don't think its unreasonable for me to expect people to not murder or war profit when I don't.

Reactions: MIL-DOT

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
*chokes*

Um, on both sides, almost all of them are breaking the law.

They are not paying taxes, getting caught with drugs, creating illegal wars, murdering, accepting bribes, just to name a few.

Also, they represent me. Its their job to represent me. I don't think its unreasonable for me to expect people to not murder or war profit when I don't.
Did you guys all just skip past the first 8 words I wrote? "as long as they're not breaking the law..."

If they are convicted of a crime, then kick them out. Until then, I don't care who's getting a BJ from whom, as long as they do their job.

·
Vigilant
3,749 Posts
Did you guys all just skip past the first 8 words I wrote? "as long as they're not breaking the law..."

If they are convicted of a crime, then kick them out. Until then, I don't care who's getting a BJ from whom, as long as they do their job.
Adultery and sodomy are clear voilations of the UCMJ. The president is the commander in chief. GUILTY!

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Did you guys all just skip past the first 8 words I wrote? "as long as they're not breaking the law...".
There's an obvious reason for this, it's because the OP is about "personal and political ETHICS", not violations of the law. Try and keep up.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For starters, they themselves assure us that they will be just,honorable,truthful,loyal,faithful,prudent,etc.etc. then they often turn out to be lying,selfish,ammoral,unfaithful,greedy,self-serving,back-stabbing jerks.
Why WOULD we want these people representing our interests ?? And if our elected officials can't be held to any higher standard, then who among us can be ??
This is my view but I think I am in the minority. Were you able to look beyond McCain's wishy washy voice, and judge him by his conduct in agreeing to stay a prisoner in Nam rather than accept early release. I felt that is a man I would follow. Actions prove character, not words or promises.

With all his flaws, Guiliani went to EVERY funeral for the 343 firemen who died on 9-11. Did he bring cameras, no. Did he have to do that, no. He was just there, in Church or Temple, at funerals, sometimes speaking, often not speaking and just sitting in the pews. He is a flawed man, a sinner, but when NYC needed a leader, he was there for us. He was not there with words but with deeds. I do not like his stance on gun control, or marrying his cousin etc. etc., but man, this flawed man to me is proven worthy of leadership.

So private ethics reflect public virtue? I think so. LAck of private morals like Spitzer reflect a person who is a secret, a sham and who is capable of almost anything.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Adultery and sodomy are clear voilations of the UCMJ. The president is the commander in chief. GUILTY!
As a Libertarian, its my belief that a person who isn't hurting someone else should be free to live as they please.

However as commander and chief, you have no privacy. You are representing the free world. How you live, act, speak, and present your self represents everyone. So Karnus, me and you are absolutely in agreement.

If you can't handle your self emotionally, sexually, or ethically, then don't run for office.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts

Referencing Bill Clinton I see.

Its not a harmless Blowjob. It was a family wrecking embarrassing, humiliating, act of self indulgence, which proved his immorality was far more important then the love and trust of his own daughters and wife.

You want a guy like that running America?

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
This is my view but I think I am in the minority. Were you able to look beyond McCain's wishy washy voice, and judge him by his conduct in agreeing to stay a prisoner in Nam rather than accept early release. I felt that is a man I would follow. Actions prove character, not words or promises.

With all his flaws, Guiliani went to EVERY funeral for the 343 firemen who died on 9-11. Did he bring cameras, no. Did he have to do that, no. He was just there, in Church or Temple, at funerals, sometimes speaking, often not speaking and just sitting in the pews. He is a flawed man, a sinner, but when NYC needed a leader, he was there for us. He was not there with words but with deeds. I do not like his stance on gun control, or marrying his cousin etc. etc., but man, this flawed man to me is proven worthy of leadership.

So private ethics reflect public virtue? I think so. LAck of private morals like Spitzer reflect a person who is a secret, a sham and who is capable of almost anything.
Your not the minority my friend. Those things are very much important to me too.

I have a lot of respect for any soldier, especially a war her like him.

I also like Mike Huccabe. Good old Christian preacher, would probably have fixed our nation more then Ron Paul.

However My vote was now, and probably always will be for Ron.

Reactions: KaBar67
1 - 20 of 23 Posts