Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got off a short two hour guard shift in my old playset as the goats were spooked round milking time and we have a predator problem ive been out there for the last few hours with my rifle and nightvision monocular

while me and dad here soon are going in together to get a good nv scope i using my gen one monocular notice it doesnt work so well with out alot of ambient light and since most people here as well as me are ona budget i was trying to think of a cheap and economical way to passivly illuminate my AO in such a way as to not disturb the wildlife and also give me a better chance at covertly getting a cyote or two without hitting my spotlight on my rifle and trying to hit em running

heres what i thought of the little solar led garden lights are everywhere and leds are cheep what if you bought a bunch of infra red leds and replaced the normal leds in the garden lamps and placed them as fencepost caps or wherever it would illuminate the area and provide extra light for gen one and two devices to pick up my surreptitious friends

but it would also work for human intrusion as people are used to seeing garden lights and the ir leds wouls not arouse suspision as they would not be able to be seen at night but illuminates your yard like its 12 noon

any thoughts on improving this idea would be great as i hate cyotes

·
civilizationsend.com
1,504 Posts
i like that idea .... simple and effective and cheap enough to be redundant .... test it and let us know --- i wonder if it would be bright enough --- ?

·
Chains keep us together.
22,136 Posts
I have some IR blinkers that snap on a 9v battery. so there got to be a source for IR led lights out there somewhere.

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
A handheld spotlight works well against coyotes too. Get a battery operated version, spotlight them and shoot. Got to be quick to spot and shoot coyotes but they do it around here every night of the year.

·
Banned
807 Posts
get a donkey. they keep coyotes away from animals . also keep dogs away from them as well .if you dont belive me google it

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get a donkey. they keep coyotes away from animals . also keep dogs away from them as well .if you dont belive me google it
donkeys are actusly hit or miss dogs are much better and were getting some pyranese soon i was just tryina think of something to increase the effectiveness of ir devices

1 - 8 of 8 Posts