Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, OC has been discussed. However out here in Peoples Republic of California (PROC) it is impossible to get a CCP. And there will be times I may need some backup but don't want to risk the felony.

I stumbled across these today and would like your honest opinion.

Mace Gun (Has a Led, 7 shot, reloadable cartridge and has water based training cartridges) ~ $60

JPX Jet protector (2 shot high-speed cartridges, has laser) ~$270

Kimber Guardian angel (2 shot, non refillable) ~$45

Here is a great video showing each in action:

Becouse of the ranges I thingk these are better than standard pepper sprays. The Mace brand I like due to the size, price, light, has practice rounds and 7-shots. It looks pretty wimpy, like a squirt gun in the video though. The JPX looks impressive, but what if you miss the face and/or multiple attackers? You get 2 shots then need to reload. Plus it is expensive. The kimber is small and cheap for a EDC though I would want more than 2 shots and I would want reloading capabilities in my resupply.

Ok, your opinons?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pepper spray

Personally I like Punch MK4 with a fog nozzle.

It has decent range (5-10ft) depending on wind.

2,000,000SHU (this stuff is HHHOOOTTT).

Fog nozzle IMHO works better you don't have to be as accurate as a stream. You can also throw out a "Fog barrier Wall" for mult attackers. (one good lung full and they generally don't want a full burst to the face)

About 150 one second shots (or you can dump the entire can and clear Police Headquarters ROTFLMAO yes it happened here)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I want to say thanks first, as I was just looking for a pistol-shaped OC device. My home state is May-Issue-haha-keep-dreaming-meatbag so I had been pondering the idea of something OC that looked like a gun. I carry a 2 oz Fox can right now, but cylinder shapes don't always make for a fast draw facing forward. The gun shape I would think lends itself well to a quicker draw-aim-fire, though it is also more awkward to carry. The gun shape also could in theory lend a psychological advantage (bad guy thinks it's a real gun).

I think the JPX Jet protector is absurd. Good range, but $270 for OC?! Are you kidding me? Also, it not only is limited to two shots, but they pop out in a blast, rather than a continuous flow.

Guardian Angel has similar limitations, and they're kind of awkward to fire.

The Mace Pepper Pistol is a new one on me. Looks kind of like a flare gun, not so bad. The stream looked kind of bad in the video, but I'd give it a test myself first I think. It would be easier to aim a stream with that kind of configuration than a can. I wonder if it could take some cosmetic modifications?

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Stay away from some of the older styles. The OC was put in the shells with sand to agravate it on tender skin but it can blind permanently. A lawsuit waiting to happen. I think they still make some in italy.

Look for modern versions like you are doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts