Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victor Davis Hanson, a conservative author and professor who predicted a Trump victory in 2016, who has written a book defending Trump, and whose columns I try to read often (he has been critical of the Russia collusion delusion and of mass illegal immigration), wrote a very good article highlighting why he believes President Trump will be re-elected.

Here is the URL, but the final paragraph really stood out. It shows that Professor Hanson is highly skilled in reading political trends and gauging popular sentiment - an assessment I've had of him for quite some time now. (He is also on YouTube; some of the things he says in conferences are very much worth watching.)

It is easy to say that 2020 seems to be replaying 2016, complete with the identical insularity of progressives, as if what should never have happened then certainly cannot now. But this time around there is an even greater sense of anger and need for retribution especially among the most unlikely Trump supporters. It reflects a fed-up payback for three years of nonstop efforts to overthrow an elected president, anger at anti-Trump hysteria and weariness at being lectured. A year is a proverbial long time. The economy could tank. The president might find himself trading missiles with Iran. At 73, a sleep-deprived, hamburger-munching Trump might discover his legendary stamina finally giving out. Still, there is a growing wrath in the country, either ignored, suppressed or undetected by the partisan media. It is a desire for a reckoning with ‘them’. For lots of quiet, ordinary people, 2020 is shaping up as the get-even election — in ways that transcend even Trump himself.

I think he's right. The failure of the Russia collusion lies, the failure of Ukraine-gate, the upcoming failure of impeachment in the Senate... President Trump has disappointed and upset parts of his base (DACA, wall), but I think he still has a hardcore base and I for one am weary of all the nonsense against him, starting with the Steele Dossier/Fusion One all the way to Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Burisma, Hunter Biden, and all the other nonsense.

I have at times been discouraged, but with every instance of corruption and deception and lies from the Democrats (especially Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi), my anger and disgust have only deepened. I am not as vocal as I was in 2015-2017, but I have never stopped following current events, and I for one - a conservative stuck in a ultra-liberal northern Yankee territory - cannot wait for the media to have to announce "Trump wins again."

·
Ingloriously Deplorable
2,610 Posts
Its possible you're right.
Take note of the hysterics of the left. They are increasing in intensity. Desperation? Maybe.

Project Veritas posted a series of videos about a bernie staffer comparing conservatives to what the germans did to certain people in WWII. What the soviets did to their people. Talk about gulags, re-education camps...for conservatives. Pretty disgusting stuff. Supposedly the guy was fired after the videos saw the light of day but its instructive for only one point; they actually think like this but. Would they actually act on their fantasies? Kind of makes you wonder why they are working to destabilize the country and disarm the population, huh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts