Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought I had, would it be worthwhile to keep a pellet gun (hand-pumped, not one that requires C02) in case you found yourself needing to be in the wild and having to live off the land for an extended period of time? 500 "rounds" can fit in a container not much larger than a bottle of aspirin, and you could probably take down small birds and mammals with one.

·
Patriot
22 Posts
Okay for birds and really small game, but I'd put my money into a good .22 semi-auto rifle. It can take care of anything the air-rifle can and then some. Plus you have the advantage of that second or third shot.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Absolutely! Anyone who plans any sort of survival hunting should own a few air guns, become familiar with them, and stockpile several thousands of rounds of ammo for them.

Jim

·
Registered
458 Posts
Why not own both? Air guns are cheaper, their ammo is cheaper, they make less noise, they are more socially acceptable and legally easier to own: and with both, you can conserve the rimfire ammo for situations with bigger animals / longer distances, and where the added noise and penetration is not a problem.

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think both air guns and .22 are the best idea. I have been looking at Cabela's lately and they have some air guns that will produce 1200 to 1600 feet per second. I have also watched some videos of them hunting some serious game with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts