·
In Memory
10,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,784 Posts
No thank you.
Super braid has no stretch, meaning it will not stretch with the fabric, and refuses to hold knotts used in repair sewing.
The fishing line I like for repair sewing is Dacron braid sold primarily for fly line backing.

I use super braid only for a few fishing applications for the same reasons. Most of the time I fish with mono.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
I've found a much cheaper, far more versatile, and very effective option is a manmade fiber such as polypropylene, polyester, and nylon (think of it as heavily waxed dental floss). Artificial sinew comes pre-waxed. This helps to add strength, and increase UV and moisture resistance.

Best thing is it's pretty cheap for a large roll (you can get a 300 yard spool for $10-15). Also, what I like is that it can be can be separated into a 3 or 4 smaller strands for small sewing repairs which is usually what I end up doing. The stuff is tuff and repairs I've made have held up extremely well.

ROCK6

·
BASS
2,094 Posts
My Pack bag in or out is rod wrapping thread. "A" is the finest and "D" is the thickest. I have "Pre-Treaded needles.

This is strong thread but works very well for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No thank you.
Super braid has no stretch, meaning it will not stretch with the fabric, and refuses to hold knotts used in repair sewing.
The fishing line I like for repair sewing is Dacron braid sold primarily for fly line backing.

I use super braid only for a few fishing applications for the same reasons. Most of the time I fish with mono.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good experienced advice. Have to use a fishing knot to hold the pe braid in place and keep repair tension on it. So thin, it might cut under tension instead of grabbing. In survival, try every technique ahead of time to ensure practicality in emergencies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts