Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here of the older folk miss Paul Harvey and that voice of his? Got to thinking about him and his "Rest of the Story" stories. Been listening to him and his stories for the last few hours. Thought some of yall especially the Retired and active LEO's might be interested as well of others who haven't heard of him or his stories.

And 1 about The Rejected Author.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: SoJ_51

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I save articles from the past that make an impression or still rings true today. Just happen to have one of Paul Harvey's from 1992 titled "President Bush, You Promised...", i.e., The Government Racket by author Martin Gross.
I listened to Paul Harvey every chance I got, loved his voice.
Best of all, the knowledge he imparted was truly awsome :thumb:.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
When i was a 10th grader, 1965, a senior was telling a story he heard on the radio by a guy named Paul Harvey. I said "who's Paul Harvey". He laughed at me and then went on with something else. After several days of school and paper route and listening to the popular radio station, I finally heard the name Paul Harvey along with one of his short "news" casts". I had been hearing him often in the prior weeks and months after I got my Driver's license but never paid attention to the name.

I was sad when He was no longer alive. What would he think about today!!!

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
Given a choice of Paul Harvey, if he were still with us, and Bill O'Reilly, it would be Harvey every time. KFYI in PHX is now carrying the O'Reilly update daily for 15 almost 20 minutes not to mention O'Reilly can be heard on a weekly segment both on Beck and Hannity's shows. Can't stand him. But Harvey; there was a man with words. I will contribute:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts