Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Army SHTF newbie here with a few questions.... a recent purchase from amazon of several backyard farming and gardening books ended up giving me the suggestion to purchase Patriots the next time I went on amazon... I did buy it and ended up reading it entirely the evening it arrived. I'm in the army, and a lot of it is redundant for me, but I still really liked it. I never really was the worry or prepare type till I spent some time in Iraq and saw how things can really be.... meaning humans to each other..... never even owned or considered owning a gun till I got back and felt completely nekkid without one. Now we (wife, daughter and I) have the beginnings of our own arsenal plus the ammo for it, and Ive always had about a month of Mountain House for three sitting around. I figured being in AZ, water should really be our main concern so here I am all registered and logged on to ask where containers(5-55g) are best for cheapest? (got to save cash to exchange my $ to 22lr currency lol)
cool site BTW!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just joined the site as well.

Guess what book I just finished reading, lol.

Yep - Patriots. I started stocking up on my preps after I saw how fast civilization fell apart watching Katrina on the news. Reading Patriots gave me a wake up call as to how dependent we are on so many things. It's time to figure out how to get by on the very basics again.

Welcome to the site and THANK YOU! for your service.

Be safe.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Welcome guys, hmm ive been hearing alot about this Patriots book, im def gonna order it now.

Usually you can find those types of drums or containers at your local feed store. Another place where we get ours is from checking craigslist. There are many great things like that on there, give it a try, we got about 20 plastic hard to find now days screw top ones off of there for a great price. They had, had cherries in them others had olives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts