Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
All bark, no bite
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone read Patriots, The Coming Collapse ?

A good friend lent me a copy and I finished it a few days ago. I just wanted to see what all the buzz was about.

I thought it to be a good read for the most part, but I feel it left out quite a bit about the rest of the world. It seems he left out what the world would be like without our diplomatic or military influence (good or bad).

Comments or suggestions ??

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
The tale is about the survival of this one group. They live in an isolated area. Not much happening because of the isolation. But what does happen, they take care of and show you how.

This group studied where the best place was to set up a survival compound. And they prepare for that senerio. There are books out there that study different areas, like the cities and urban areas. They instruct you on how to survive in those areas.

You need to read as many as you can and learn as much as you can before you need to use it.

I live in the country, so I found Patriots a very good book. There are lots of ideas that I am unable to implement, but there are some that I have already put into practice. Good luck with your learning process.

·
All bark, no bite
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've been playing this game for about 30 years now. I don't like it but we are a "global community" and I can't help but feel there would be some kind outside influence trying to take advantage of our vulnerable position. I don't care how remote you are.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I read the book and thought it was well written. The story focuses on one group and their interactions with surrounding groups.

I like some of the ideas in the book.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Started reading this book like about 10 years ago when it was on the internet for free and was called "The Gray Nineties". LOVE this book. One of the first survivalist fiction books I ever read and was great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts