Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read that almost 85% of us citizens don't have a passport which would imply they have never travelled outside the us.it doesn't seem to make sense as i don't know anyone who hasnt visited somewhere usually europe or the caribbean.
do people consider a passport a prime prep and mine expires in 3 years and should i renew it early?

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
It would be a good idea. If things get horrendously bad, bugging out to a different, more stable country till the emergency is over is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
We don't travel that much anymore, but our location puts in a situation is almost a must.
If I drive into Canada I need a passport to cross borders these days .
I can tell you if you use a pasport for an I.D. at airports you get through a lot quicker.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
A passport is a necessity--even if you you not intend to travel. You jest never know when you may have the opportunity to travel overseas--or if you need to bug out.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I don't view a passport as a negative, and have the book and the card (as well as the TWIC and MMD.) Let's say it gives you options, and that has value.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Get it now. COnsider if you have a loved one overseas and something goes wrong. One of my kids was in Palestinian territories when the fighting broke out between the groups summer before last. I was at the airport on my way there when I got word she had gotten out with some of my friends over there. There is no question in my mind about having one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you can renew it by mail as it is not your first.they will mail back your old passport.i like looking at my old ones to see the stamps and my horrible but younger pics.one of my favorite books is 1000 places to see before you die and i still have too many places left to see.

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
With the exception of our new 3 month old daughter, every member of my family has a passport. (Can I get my youngest a passport? Her SS Card is here and we're just waiting for her birth certificate to arrive.)

I haven't considered those passports as related to survival, but I don't mind having the option to be out of the country if something huge is coming our way and I know about it in time to get out of the country. I wouldn't abandon my country for good, but I wouldn't mind riding out something major in a country where the major thing isn't happening. I have extended family members in other countries so I guess it's an option. Just hadn't really considered it until I saw this post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts