Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
A few of the firearms in my small collection.

These are my favorites. I have small hands and these all fit well, except the Dan Wesson, but it's a monster anyway so I use a two hand hold.
My hands are a bit small as well...I have three of those guns myself. (y)

This is one reason never to post a picture of the serial numbers of a firearm.
What are they getting that the ATF hasn't already got via 4473?

Besides...I sold whichever gun that was last month to some guys in a black suburban; so I could buy gas. Nope...no bill of sale, there's no requirement, so I didn't bother. Please don't shoot my dog, and have a nice day,

Keep the wheel gun...
Throw the other junk, in the trash,,,
Ah, come on Elmer....tell us how you really feel... 馃ぃ

I Seen A Sighting!
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Funny the increasing interest in revolvers the last couple of years. Wonder why. I keep a revolver by the bed because in the gravest extreme, I want there to be zero chances of misfire/jam. I've only had a jam with cheap ammo and one S&W/Walther I have.

i keep a couple of flashlights and other misc. by the bed as well, including shoes and a very small go-bag.

Registered
Nice part of your collection @Mazarine33! Great choices, even that Bersa is a very underrated pistol. It was one of my wife's first handguns, and while I don't like sell guns (unless I really don't like or use them), she sold it and bought a Ruger LC9 which she loves now.

I also have very small hands, and I鈥檝e considered/owned/will likely own all of those some day.

Right now I鈥檓 thinking my next handgun is going to be a P365. I鈥檝e handled one, but haven鈥檛 been able to shoot one yet.
I'm now pretty well invested in the P365 and P365XL, very good guns that are quite concealable yet still perform like a Compact handgun in the Glock 19 size range.

ROCK6

Registered
Dan Wesson .357. Came with three barrels, this is the 5" I think? I've never had the other two barrels on. Was my first firearm acquisition probably 30 years ago. Got a good price on the set then, cringe to think what it would cost now. Barely fired, I've only fired it maybe a dozen times.

It is my bed-side protection.
I knew a coupling guys that had those Dan Wesson revolvers, with the interchangeable barrels, back in the 80鈥檚. I have not picked one up in years. That was quite a concept they came up with, when those revolvers were designed. You can have a barrel for concealed carry and the others for other purposes.

What would Mal do
For those that like to post images of the weapons on line - here is an experiment
Google search your firearms serial number.
See if it comes up. I and I sure others, would like to know...

WHY?
(Google And Facebook Are Making a Photo Gun Registry Complete With Serial Numbers (secondamendmentdaily.com) )
"Washington, DC 鈥 On Wednesday, The Firearm Blog posted a story that will likely blow most gun owners away.
Earlier in the day, Jalopnik, a website for selling cars and car parts posted an article about cars and license plate numbers.

Not exactly breaking gun news.
But Jalopnik鈥檚 article claimed that if you put in a license plate number into google, it would pull up any images stored of that car or it鈥檚 license plate.
Google was essentially using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) on license plates in Google Images.

This made the license plates (and thus the cars) searchable by Google query.
Curious, The Firearm Blog wondered if Google was also using that Optical Character Recognition on the serial numbers of guns.
And it turns out, they are.

That鈥檚 right. Every gun picture uploaded to Google, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter is being automatically scanned using OCR and its serial number is now stored.
To prove that this data mining was happening, The Firearm Blog used examples of gun pictuers they had posted to their blogs鈥攁nd thus of which they had the serial numbers. They typed in the serial numbers and nothing else (no gun make or model, etc) and immediately Google showed them their own blog post with that exact gun in it.
Google had read the practically microscopic serial number from off the gun in their blog post and had used that data mining to add the serial number to their database.
Google is archiving these serial numbers and making a collection of every gun that鈥檚 ever been uploaded to the internet. Granted, not every picture of every gun will be readable by their software, but the fact remains that they likely have pictures of millions and millions of American guns stored with their serial numbers in this searchable database.
As you can see from the results below, firearm serial numbers are in fact part of this apparent large-scale data mining operation by companies like Google and Facebook.
Tests were also run on silencer serial numbers, and google pulled up the correct image of those, as well. If you put the serial number in quotes in your search, Google is forced to look only for that string of numbers. And it pulled the silencer image up in seconds."
so, the plan should be to post pictures of the guns we have "sold" to other folks (grin - rolls eyes)

Hail to the King, Baby
My girl had a p365 and HATED it. It fit her teeny tiny hands like a dream, but the recoil was ridiculous for her. I got her on my Makarov that I used to own, and she was killing it with the all steel small gun.

Now she carries a CZ 82 loaded with Hornady critical defense .380's, can hit what she shoots at, and loves it.

That CZ 82/83is something to consider if you have small hands and recoil is an issue.

Registered
Nice group of protection firearms. I have a Bersa, S&W M10 4in(38 spec),
Glock19, and a snubbie 442 S&W. Wifey keeps my 442 in her side nightstand drawer, and my Glock 19 is on my nightstand with a light attached. Cell phones and shoes ready to slip on in a rush.
Have a 12 ga shotgun if handguns don't seem to be enough.
Keep up the good work on your collection. Well done.
I have a Glock 19 on a bed holster, also with a light.

Registered
My girl had a p365 and HATED it. It fit her teeny tiny hands like a dream, but the recoil was ridiculous for her. I got her on my Makarov that I used to own, and she was killing it with the all steel small gun.

Now she carries a CZ 82 loaded with Hornady critical defense .380's, can hit what she shoots at, and loves it.

That CZ 82/83is something to consider if you have small hands and recoil is an issue.
They just came out with a 365 .380, which is probably perfect for such people.

Registered
My hands are a bit small as well...I have three of those guns myself. (y)

What are they getting that the ATF hasn't already got via 4473?

Besides...I sold whichever gun that was last month to some guys in a black suburban; so I could buy gas. Nope...no bill of sale, there's no requirement, so I didn't bother. Please don't shoot my dog, and have a nice day,

Ah, come on Elmer....tell us how you really feel... 馃ぃ
My understanding is the ATF/gov can't easily track what guns people actually have. That's why they push for a gun registry.

Posting guns with the serial number (when one can easily just post pics of the side without or obscure the serial numbers), allows a variety of actors to potentially connect you, your profile, and firearm. This is especially true if one is trying to remain anonymous too.

Registered
Nice looking group.

I have "a couple Dan Wessons" and love them. First one I sorta stumbled on a snub .357 Model 14. Later I moved up to milti-barrel packs. Stout guns, but can be a bit heavy for concealed carry.

I have an older Bersa that I really like the feel of. I like the steel guns. I have them, but find the small polymer guns to be "snappy".

My collection is fairly diverse from top break revolvers to modern semi-autos with rifles and shotguns thrown in. Good to have options.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts