Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Seen A Sighting!
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan Wesson .357. Came with three barrels, this is the 5" I think? I've never had the other two barrels on. Was my first firearm acquisition probably 30 years ago. Got a good price on the set then, cringe to think what it would cost now. Barely fired, I've only fired it maybe a dozen times.

It is my bed-side protection.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^ I"m sorry, but whoop de do. I appreciate the caution very much, and I'm sincerely not trying to be snarky or rude. But I'm way past caring. I may have cared a couple years ago, but not now. But again, thank you for caring and posting. I appreciate it.

Bob, I keep .357 in it. I have some .38 too, but in the gravest of extremes, I want to stop someone without doubt.

Been watching more Massad Ayoob vidoes lately. I could listen to him talk for days....

·
I Seen A Sighting!
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, it is. Can't recall the model #. Nice little shooter, snappy without excess torque. Quieter than the Glock or Sig.

Hickock 45 had good reviews of it, so I got one.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brother has the P365. He has hand issues and likes it.i haven't shot his but I imagine it's very similar to mine.

I have a few rifles and a couple shotguns and I think I have enough. My priority now is acquiring ammunition. I might like a new .22 mag at some point. I just have a .22 revolver and and a trusty, favorite little .22 carbine model 20 Marlin, the one with a squirrel carved on the stock. I think I've gotten more actual use out of that one than any other firearm I have.

Bob, I have shot a 1911 ACP, and I agree they are a very shootable larger framed gun. But like all the large framed 1911s, just a bit too big for me to hold and a bit bulky for concealed carry.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Funny the increasing interest in revolvers the last couple of years. Wonder why. I keep a revolver by the bed because in the gravest extreme, I want there to be zero chances of misfire/jam. I've only had a jam with cheap ammo and one S&W/Walther I have.

i keep a couple of flashlights and other misc. by the bed as well, including shoes and a very small go-bag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts