Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Google has banned Parler from the App Store and Apple has threatened to do the same if Paler doesn't crackdown on free speech.

There is no Free Speech left online as all of the Big Techs are on board with China style censor.

As is there hasn't' been free Speech is quite a while in most Forums and Sites.

Here comes Biden's Dark Winter

Paler

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,975 Posts
It's Parler.

I am a woman of faith and have great confidence in the King. No matter who's in the White House.

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
Yes, it is Parler and yes, they are denying Parler the ability to distribute their app.

Edited to add: you can currently obtain the Parler app here:

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the misprint I sometimes think faster than I type seeing as I am missing two half fingers on my dominant hand. I usually reread a typed post at least three times before I post because of this.

·
Super Moderator
14,460 Posts
So what ya gonna do?

Sit and fume, or actually do something like follow Trump in building a new platform?
Is he building one?

Reactions: BrianWorf

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
We are. 74 million ppl dont go away. 5% is 2.7 million ppl. We are all Americans. Joe and Toe are in trouble. Orange is in thier futures, alot of futures of those who attempted a coup. Big Tech is being stalked by the ghost of ATT.....and thier break up. They have revealed thrmselves as a national security concern.

They should be panicking....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I happen to have a Google phone. If I had known things were going to get this bad, I would have bought a Samsung. Anyway, I installed Parlor this morning. However, My wife (who was a computer programmer) did a round about way and got it installed via Google Chrome. Weird, but it is similar to Twitter but with no restrictions. There is also another one that Elon Musk is touting called Signal.

·
-.-. --.-
2,212 Posts
I happen to have a Google phone. If I had known things were going to get this bad, I would have bought a Samsung. Anyway, I installed Parlor this morning. However, My wife (who was a computer programmer) did a round about way and got it installed via Google Chrome. Weird, but it is similar to Twitter but with no restrictions. There is also another one that Elon Musk is touting called Signal.
Both run Android which is ultimately a Google product. There's no really great alternative. iOS is okay but ultimately you're in the same predicament.

FOSS solutions are a ways behind in terms of hardware support.

·
Indefatigable
20,144 Posts
Is he building one?
Before you ask, no I can't provide a source, its been too long and he has given me too much to wade through to provide one....
Before he announced, he made statements j/k not j/k about starting his own TV network. Very early, even FOX speculated, as a candidate he would be in a much better place to reach out to those with the money, to which he would not otherwise have had easy access.
When you look back at the moment he is told he had won the election, there was no jubilation, no celebration - its all there on his face, he was a broken man. IF - IF he had played all his cards right and dropped out before nomination, I have no doubt we would have Trump TV today. As it is? He's poison to the media industry, no one will touch him now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Apple has blocked it form their app store as well

1 - 20 of 166 Posts