Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Im new to sewing and wanting to make a parka. I just called the fabric shops and they dont have any parka patterns maybe I should have asked for jacket patterns.

I have a parka that I love and use all the time and I hate to take it apart just to make a pattern.

I wanted to ask if there is a pattern on the net or if anyone has one they could shair with me. I want to make a light weight one more of a wind breaker style in woodland to go over my BDU shirts.

I also have an older machine that just does straight stitching should I look at one from say walmart that does differnt stictes.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to talking with everyone.

·
it tickles dont it
228 Posts
check online for the pattern. or you can/could go by a sweat shirt from a thrift store or walmart and buy it 1 size larger than you wear , take it apart and make your own pattern. Ive been in the same boat trying to find a good parka/smock pattern.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could do that as I do have some old sweat shirts. This one wind breaker/Parka I have is light weight and I wear it a lot and hate to take that one apart. I may go to the fabric shops and see what patterns I can find there. I have not found one online if I do click to see it I have to buy the book.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts