Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Learning to Survive
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bravo Zulu to those parents. I still havent changed my mind about the fact that folks should whip out a gun and start taking some of them out of the gene pool when commiting these crimes.
I agree because they weren't all kids, and not all parents are going to turn in their kids. So to effectively stop the flash mobs you must give them consequences.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
I agree because they weren't all kids, and not all parents are going to turn in their kids. So to effectively stop the flash mobs you must give them consequences.

shove a gun in their face and explain the potential consequences and this crap is going to slow and stop real fast...

·
Banned
3,889 Posts
To all those advocating the shooting of thieves ...

I agree, but we don't do our cause any favor by taking it to such extremes. I'd hate, as a civilian, to have to kill somebody and I really do not think I could shoot someone (kid or not) if all they had a was a bottle of pop and a few bags of chips under their jacket.

A few nights in a supermax pen would straighten those idiots out.

Bravo to the parents, in the aggregate they might be less than perfect at parenting but to withhold praise for doing the right thing is not right. Congrats to them.

On that note, in many cases the parents of 'poor' children tend to work very hard, often holding down 2-3 jobs and busting their ass to send their kid to college. Leaves them very little time to babysit.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
That mom deserves a hug and all support she can get :)

Whats she did takes guts and a h*ll of a strong feeling for whats right
30 years ago 90% of the parents would have done this.

Today maybe 10% would turn their kids in, and another 10% would be in the flash rob with their kids.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Yeah it would straighten them out alright, it would score them a lot of cool points for their reputations with the hood homies. It would get them indoctrinated on how to not get caught next time and how to do even more sinsiter crimes. Sure you might get through to a couple of them but most would go on to commit bigger and "better" crimes and learn how to lessen their chances of getting caught or learn how to use the system to beat it out in court. Our prison system reforms very few criminals, but it educates a butt load of them, turning most in to professional career criminals.

Until the consequenses of their actions are so severe and merciless that it out weighs their ill gotten gains, its unlikely few is any will change their evil ways. Today its a case of beer, soda chips and candy, tomorrow its armed robbery, car jacking, rape and murder. At what point do you draw the line and stop the vicious cycle before it leads to crimes far more serious? When you add up the damage and the cost of the lost product, that store lost a hell of a lot more a few bucks. Sure most have insurance that will cover the loss but they will pay dearly with increased insurance premiums, which means me and you will pay the price ultimately in higher cost. Not trying to beat you up Bro but I am not down with paying more for someone elses "fun".

·
I hate everyone equally !
1,291 Posts
30 years ago 90% of the parents would have done this.

Today maybe 10% would turn their kids in, and another 10% would be in the flash rob with their kids.
When i was a kid i would been both spanked and turned in by my mother :)

It was easyier back then and the parents was not afraid of their kids as they are today

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
HUH, I just cant believe it. Some one turned in the illegitimate black ignorant no good for nothing thugs.... Who would of thunk...

·
Registered
15,150 Posts

I agree, but we don't do our cause any favor by taking it to such extremes. I'd hate, as a civilian, to have to kill somebody and I really do not think I could shoot someone (kid or not) if all they had a was a bottle of pop and a few bags of chips under their jacket.

Bravo to the parents, in the aggregate they might be less than perfect at parenting but to withhold praise for doing the right thing is not right. Congrats to them.

On that note, in many cases the parents of 'poor' children tend to work very hard, often holding down 2-3 jobs and busting their ass to send their kid to college. Leaves them very little time to babysit.

sounds like you are making excuses for these turds... I also did not say shoot them...I said put a gun in their face and explain the potential consequences of their actions...

jail or even super max is not going to do much if anything... that is a school for these punks...

·
Registered
4,856 Posts

I agree that shooting kiddie thieves may be extreme, but I'm curious as to what happens in Australia if a gang of 15 or 20 attack an innocent person? Do you people have anything left for self-defense, or do you give up?

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts

I gotta admit that as a teen, I partook in some of these stupid activities also. Never in a group of like 50, but in a small group of like 3-4 or whatever. Chips, candy, sodas etc etc.

My mother is a great mother and always tried to keep us going good... but mom can't see everything. Especially when it comes to teens. I would get straight A's in school and still wound up doing stupid things like this and fights.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
If I had pulled crap like this my dad would have taken a razor strap to my butt.... all of this all starts right in the home... the home is the root cause of the behavior kids now days are doing...

hold the parents responsible for the actions of their little animals and see how long these little turds last...

·
Learning to Survive
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah it gets tiresome to see kids get away with everything nowadays because if you hit your child the government wants to get involved(CPS). I say beat them anyways (if they deserve it). As cowboy says it starts in the home.

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Nice to see some people do the right thing. Unfortunately, it might only be after one of these kids gets hurt or worse before the community does something tangible about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts