Survivalist Forum banner

Paranoia with your bug out location

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tony Oday 
#1 ·
Ok I havent been on this board for long but in all the survivalist boards, websites and such people always say they are worried about OPSEC when it comes to the internet. I always think, maybe incorrectly, that when the SHTF that people that would profit from knowing where I will be located will not be able to get on the internet and most of the people on this board will be going to their own place and even IF they turn raider and IF they are actually within 50 miles of my BOL they will know that there are easier places to raid than mine. Does this make sense?

#2 ·
I think that if you have a nice place and tell everyone where it is, someone will use that information to their benefit.

I live in Kanawha county, WV and have a 45 acre BOL to the north.
That is all the info I need to give out in order to talk about any subject on SB.

There is no need to be overly secretive, otherwise you wouldn't want to post here at all.

#5 ·
It's a hard toss up if you would want anyone knowing or not. People can be baggage or they can helpful, it's a hard one to call really. Do you risk limiting your resources and depending on the situation your safety to help others who potentially could soil everything, ruin all your hunting efforts, pollute your water source, and just really be a nagging pain in the butt?

Any good survival plan is going to have multiple fall out options to go to though. My father and I have a 4 point system that we have decided on. Last spot on the run is the stronghold which no one these days goes to. Our last meet up spot is one we don't tell anyone but family about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.