Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldnt catfish trotlines from the big-box stores be better? Smaller iin diameter, 150-330ish pound test, and you can get like 100 metres for under ten dollars.
Seems to me like the smaller cordage, you could fit more length in the wrap/same ammount of space. Yeah, its lighter working load strength but it could be braided or doubled up. And its cheaper.
Am I just not aware of something here? Or is it just cooler to wrap you knives in paracord than it is to wrap them in fishing line.

·
I Love Guns
317 Posts
Hmmm ....well
Black Tarred Braided Trotline Cord 260feet 500lbs $18.95
paracord 300feet 550lbs $12.97
or 500feet for $18.97

paracord can be pulled apart and used to sew gear,wounds,make weapons u name it...it's cheaper than Trotline i just looked it up (note prices above).
that and trotline has chem in it to keep it from rotting that is sticky...would u really want a sticky hand after u just used your knife not trying to shoot u down Trotline could be used if thats what u want to use...but why...
paracord wins hands down in price and multi uses...and they both weight about the same...:thumb:

and yes u can find cheap trotline...but it comes down to do u trust your life and gear to cheap crap from wally world....i don't

·
Registered
247 Posts
Para cord is wonderful stuff. I have plenty of it. But use what you have or what you can get. Fishing line, bailing string, kite string, whatever, it's all handy. Some handier than others but its all useful. It takes a while to make a hundred feet of cordage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$7.97, 400lb test, 300ft length.
Just wraped everything i could think of, crow bar, 20gauge, wifes butcher knifes, for practice. Whats the best way to finnish it all up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts