Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone help me withg a link or pictures of how to do a good paracord wrap on a knife handle? Thanks-Frank (aka Jed)

Reactions: Daywalker

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just finished a para cord handle on one last night. I took some pics today and should have them back soon, I dont have a Digital camera. Under the handle are 12 fish hooks and 50 yards of 10# Spiderwire, Also made a sheath out of Wood and it to has a Para cord wrapping, And has ALICE clips to wear on belt or pack.

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job man.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Could anyone help me withg a link or pictures of how to do a good paracord wrap on a knife handle? Thanks-Frank (aka Jed)
I just did the same thing to my machet.You know you can take out the thread of para cord and keep unravaling it to use to sew rips and straps on some equitment.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just wrapped my new Izula. Not sure which knife your are talking about but Cutlerylover on YouTube did a pretty good video for wrapping this particular knife.

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an old Ontario Knife Co US Machete. Thats what I want to wrap.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here is a Tramontina Bolo I just reworked and built a sheath for around $10.00 Cliped the point, sand blasted the blade and applied cold blue, Para cord wrapped handle. Sheath is made from ceader. The ALICE clips are resessed, epoxed and bound. Para cord wrap on sheath. There is also hooks and line under the wrap on handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
I mean that, from the looks of the first pic, it sure seems like it had been sorely neglected. I thought there might be an interesting back story.
Sorry, I think I misunderstood.It was in very bad shape, The handles had rotted off. Nothing that interesting, I just cant seem to through any thing away. :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope this helps someone. It sure helped me.

Go to topsknives.com look up the hoffman harpoon. the one for 79 bucks.

its the first picture right next to the knife. I tried to link it but it didnt work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts