·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
too cheap to be real 550
description says 550... :zombie
Detailed Description
Paracord Survival Bracelet with Plastic Whistle Buckle

We at goFAST build this one ourselves so can pass the savings on to you. Check out the amazing price on this bracelet. Cheap enough to get a bunch for a class field trip, give away at a company outing, or any other group event.

10" end to end, when closed it could fit a maximum wrist size of 9", but you will be more comfortable if you are 8.75" or smaller wrist measurment.

Weight: ~32.8 grams (~1.15 ounces)

Whistle is integrated into the buckle to function as a survival whistle in the event you are lost and need to signal rescuers.

In an emergency, the cord can be unwraveled from the cobra weave to yield 9 feet of useful 550lb. test 5 strand paracord. Use paracord to lash together branches for a shelter, repair gear, tie on a splint, or any of hundreds of other uses. The inner strands of the paracord make good tinder for fire starting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My concern with all these items is using them in a real emergency - a bracelet is at least expendable, but is it actually any better than just having a coil of 550?

Most of these items require the cord to be cut, and are then unravelled. I love these as an idea if you know how you make them, and only for items you do not need. At 2.81 it is not a bad buy just for the buckles, but I would be looking into buying some cord and learning to make some basic items myself. I plan to make some dog leashes and belts from paracord, so that I can re-use the cord if I don't need the items, but consider a coil of cord on my BOB or hiking pack to be a better investment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.