Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a curiosity, and frankly I am not sure how to word this thread, but I will try. I have seen many lanyards and such with "Skulls" on them. There are many reputable folks producing them for this purpose and frankly seem to be selling quite a few of them. I think they add a little zeal if you will, to the knotted cords and such, but had a few questions for those of you who have them or would like to have them;

My questions are, is this for the "Cool" factor and/or as a support to the fine knifemakers and such that are producing them? Is it a "Yeah, I need one of those to go on my....? for added weight and function? A knovelty? The knot-tyers are very talented, and as with any makers-craft what appeals to one, may not appeal completely to another.

Now I have seen these skulls with Tritium in the eyes, glow in the dark (GID) paint, GID powder mixed with Epoxy, Jewels in there Eyes, moving mandibles and ones cast in Pewter, Bronze, Brass, Sterling Silver, and such.

Has there been any of you that saw these "skulls" and said to yourself, " I would like something like that, but not that one?" or you wished you could have something custom-made in Gold or Sterling Silver for that beloved collectors knife?

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
From what I have seen with skulls on lanyards, they have been on Gothic or Conan type knives or swords to add a bit of 'atmosphere' I think I saw a photo of one on a lanyard on a knife such as a ka bar, obviously for its fighting, horror or intimidation value.
My opinion only, cant think of any other reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts