Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to watching this movie today and really enjoyed it however I do have some thoughts.

First of all the movie is "dated" as far as what the level of violence would be. In the movie there is still "chivalry" of a sort which does not exist in todays world. Nowadays you would have to kill and ask questions later in most cases.

I thought the flick did a decent job of pointing out some do's and dont's in that type of situation as best as it could given the limited material to work with. It was worth what I paid for it.

Poster Hat Font Fedora Publication

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
I have a digital copy of it and watched it about 5 months ago. Nowadays it would be more brutal than back when this movie was made but the basic concept of the movie is still the same today as back then

·
Here's a man who stood up
669 Posts
This is the movie that started me prepping. It’s dated because it’s 59 years old. Basics are there and the mindset bugging out to the mountains, roving gangs etc. I liked this movie worth a watch if you can find it. I bought a dvd copy when dvds were a thing. Think I’ll watch it this weekend.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Heck, this was the movie that taught me the idea of having a cache I could give away the location of if forced. I do that to this day.

Reactions: XONOX

·
Storyteller
3,772 Posts
It is interesting to look at the different movie posters used to advertise the flick in Theaters.

Book cover

Lots of other images of posters for outside o the US.

For the budget and times, not a bad flick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts