Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
What a coinsidence. I was at Wal Mart a week ago and they had $1 movies. One of them was a double movie disk that had Panic in the Year Zero. and The Last Man On Earth. I really liked Panic in the Year Zero. I would recomend it. Lots of good survivalist stuff in it.

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts
What a coinsidence. I was at Wal Mart a week ago and they had $1 movies. One of them was a double movie disk that had Panic in the Year Zero. and The Last Man On Earth. I really liked Panic in the Year Zero. I would recomend it. Lots of good survivalist stuff in it.
I picked that DVD up myself for about $5 a while back. Both movies are good IMO...money well spent! :thumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Love it

Just tuned it in..,.saw this flick years ago and really like it. Lots of this may be pretty true to form

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
Old survival movie on TCM tonight is entertaining and hasn't aged to badly.
(from 1962)Thank u very much for posting...I haven't seen it for many years.........I'm watching it now....Looks good....Thanks again....

·
Registered
579 Posts
I haven’t watched my copy of this movie, for a year or two, but two memorable scenes have stuck in my mind.....

The father commenting on his son’s choice of a girl....“She’s a good shot”!

And paying their doctor bill, with some .45 ammunition!
--------------------------------------------------
Ammo could be the new currency, one of these days.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Shoot...missed it...any idea if it will be on again?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I learned how important it is to have cash on hand.

The father in that movie had some serious money for the time period. Didn't he have somewhere around $400 cash? The movie came out in 1962. Not exactly an amount of money you expect someone to have, especially since they were just going camping.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I learned how important it is to have cash on hand.

The father in that movie had some serious money for the time period. Didn't he have somewhere around $400 cash? The movie came out in 1962. Not exactly an amount of money you expect someone to have, especially since they were just going camping.
Yeah, I assuming people will still take cash in the beginning of a SHTF
situation & start gouging prices.

What was it, $4.00 a gallon for gas?:D:

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
watched

i bought a copy and watched it last night. i think they did a heck of a good job making a movie back then, knowing what they knew, to be both informative and entertaining. gave that good balance of "hey, you better gets some preps in or your kinda screwed" vs. "there can be some hope so dont just give up" for people of that time. the same goes for a book written about the same time "Alas Babylon"

I would be interested to hear from any of those, now elders, who saw it first hand new in theaters and their reactions to it.

things i liked: the father seemed to have alot of his act together as written in, their atempt at honesty, some of the tricks used.

things i did not like: being a modern guy, the wife who kept whining about how upset she was at how he was saving his family got on my nerves, and the violence against women bothers me anyway, but they went overboard.

All in all, IMHO, i think it was a good movie, and still relevant! ---- Eric

·
Homesteader
1,222 Posts
Mom and sis did not have their heads in the game at all. They had the ostrich mentality, and it cost them all dearly. Too much violence in a SHTF movie?

At some point in time, women become a commodity just like gas, ammo, food. Maybe not to you and me but some won't hesitate, and that means you can't either. It's not right, it's not fair, but that has been the way it is since the dawn of time.

There won't be a disney version of SHTF.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got the same disk. Liked Zero, couldn't finish Last.

Zero was fairly realistic considering it was, like, 1965.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts