Survivalist Forum banner

Most Deserving

• The Elderly. They paid into the system the longest are the most at risk.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Veterans and Family. They earned it through selfless service.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Active Military, LEO, Fire, etc.. They are currently serving and are high priority.

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Kids and Teens. They have not paid into the system but not their fault. They are the future.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Working Class. They are the productive class and current tax payers.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Upper Class. Money talks, they can afford it. Job creators.

Votes: 5 14.3%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Live Free or Die
3,863 Posts
Pragmatically speaking, in a limited resource situation, the elderly are at the end of their life span anyway. They should be the last served imo. If they lived a healthy life, they are less likely to be threatened by the virus.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wonder what will happen to people with no insurance ie self employed etc. 4 weeks in hospital ICU etc.. will run in the hundreds of thousands.

·
Indefatigable
20,127 Posts
The poll didn't include it but I am going to mention it - MEDICAL WORKERS
Your treatment center isn't going to last long if you can't keep the Drs and nurses on their feet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No one deserves anything in my view. People with the highest risk should be helped first.

From the stats I see as of now its the Elderly. Some reason kids and teens are highest on the list when they have almost zero risk.

·
Registered
951 Posts
No one deserves anything in my view. People with the highest risk should be helped first.

From the stats I see as of now its the Elderly. Some reason kids and teens are highest on the list when they have almost zero risk.
I think people are assuming that a group of people are all equally sick, who should get the limited resources after this becomes a pandemic and there just isn't much left.

When i played d&d, we're always protected the healer and then the pretty girl because that's just logical. :thumb: ;)

·
Semper Fi
8,959 Posts
It won't be a case of who needs it, it will simply be the first cases in the door until the ICU is full. At which point no matter who you are you are simply out of luck.

I really don't see them taking some old guy off life support because a doctor got sick.

No one is thinking that far into the future to prioritize certain people over others. Now if this is something that repeatedly culls the human herd than I could see such prioritizing in the future.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Add option for triage (that would be likely to survive functional with the resources available). +1, as Nomad suggests, for fertile females (those that should be reproducing).

As most of the "data" has come out of chicomland the "elderly most impacted" is suspect. The Yokohama cruise ship passenger list appears to be heavily weighted towards old farts as is typical. More elderly in the pool = more elderly deaths.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think people are assuming that a group of people are all equally sick, who should get the limited resources after this becomes a pandemic and there just isn't much left.

When i played d&d, we're always protected the healer and then the pretty girl because that's just logical. :thumb: ;)
I'm guessing being posted under Coronavirus has me confused :)

If its just a random scenario pandemic then disregard my post please .

·
?
2,211 Posts
The poll didn't include it but I am going to mention it - MEDICAL WORKERS
Your treatment center isn't going to last long if you can't keep the Drs and nurses on their feet.

Agreed. Health care workers and those in basic services such as first responders, linemen, active military and national guard.

I'd also prioritize healthy, non-welfare parents of young kids so that society can rebuild afterwards.

I'm in my 50s, have several autoimmune disorders and mild reactive airways disease that's most likely autoimmune. Don't think I should go to the hospital if I get sick and take resources away from the above. Working on spiritually preparing myself for that. Only prep good at the end for any is a Redeemer.

·
3,066 Posts
Something I didn't see on the Poll is concerning people here illegally. As far as I'm concerned they should be at the bottom of the list. Main consideration should be first come, first served. No category other than Medical personnel should be placed any higher than anyone else.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,522 Posts
WITH THE BLACK tag,
politicians, used car salesmen, lawyers, child molesters and anyone else who sneers or shows disdain at your MAGA hat.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts