Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The virus seems to, have a very extended period of sickness and our LE and first responders will be the first to be hit, they will be laid up for weeks.

That means 911 will have a busy signal.
No police to protect you. I guess the police hating Millennial/SJWs will get thier wish.

Forget the Virus, just think of how things will turn when you have hungry people, ****ed off people, criminal element and the crazy all on the loose with nothing to stop them.

Those snowflakes will be wishing that the Police were around.

This is where it gets interesting. So what are your preps for such a scenario?

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,290 Posts
Seems that if people live where there is no Law Enforcement currently, and no other humans. Should not be much of a problem post massive SHTF event.

I have a lot of books by people who lived in Alaska back in 1880's up through current times. It is interesting that they did not know about the Great Depression that effected America and the world. Many also did not know about the Second World War till Japan invaded Alaska.

I always get a giggle that members on this forum obsess about locations with good growing seasons and pleasant weather. I obsess about being far-far from humans if the SHTF.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The virus seems to, have a very extended period of sickness and our LE and first responders will be the first to be hit, they will be laid up for weeks.

That means 911 will have a busy signal.
No police to protect you. I guess the police hating Millennial/SJWs will get thier wish.

Forget the Virus, just think of how things will turn when you have hungry people, ****ed off people, criminal element and the crazy all on the loose with nothing to stop them.

Those snowflakes will be wishing that the Police were around.

I'm confused... Didn't you repeatedly say, in the main thread, that 2019ncov is no big deal and we're overreacting?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I live out in the country. My driveway alone is almost 1/2 mile long.

Law enforcement is myself, my wife, and my 2nd amendment rights.

We have no police... just the sheriff and his deputies.

Their role is to investigate whatever goes down after the fact.

Prevention and security is on me.

Losing law enforcement only means the possibility of losing out on justice being served after crime has been committed.

It sure as hell won't stop crime.

·
Swirl Herder
3,719 Posts
OP not trying to be a jerk. Your scenario assumes that people are helpless without LE, FD, and EMT. That simply isn't true. Of course some are, but there's still a lot of capable people in this world.
Yeah and the problem is that a lot of those capable people will be shooting at each other. No ROL also means no food deliveries, no electric and no medical care. That all adds up to desperate people, the overwhelming majority of which are unprepared, who will "do anything to feed their kids".

Capable people are the problem......

Seems that if people live where there is no Law Enforcement currently, and no other humans. Should not be much of a problem post massive SHTF event.

I have a lot of books by people who lived in Alaska back in 1880's up through current times. It is interesting that they did not know about the Great Depression that effected America and the world. Many also did not know about the Second World War till Japan invaded Alaska.

I always get a giggle that members on this forum obsess about locations with good growing seasons and pleasant weather. I obsess about being far-far from humans if the SHTF.
Yep. People are the problem. The solution is effective self-isolation. That is the only thing that addresses the virus and the people problems.

I'm confused... Didn't you repeatedly say, in the main thread, that 2019ncov is no big deal and we're overreacting?
He could be running with the Hares and the Hounds or perhaps, the penny has dropped and now he is trying to atone (or perhaps sound like he has been onboard all along).

·
Swirl Herder
3,719 Posts
Antibiotics don’t work on a virus
They do if you are dying of a secondary bacterial infection.

OP this is such a dumb post, NOT everyone gets sick. You’re just paranoid and trying to create fear. In a country of 350 million only 12 individuals are sick from it. It’s far from the end times.
You need to read the main thread:

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=934168

....all 241 pages of it....:thumb:

But to give you a short cut though....The Chinese health authorities have more pieces of the jigsaw puzzle than anyone else and China has applied a quarantine to over 60 million people. This has proven ineffective and will no doubt be expanded. This is costing and will cost their economy trillions and set them back years.

Hmmm.....why would they do that?

Edit Update: Now 400 Million Chinese in quarantine!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OP not trying to be a jerk. Your scenario assumes that people are helpless without LE, FD, and EMT. That simply isn't true. Of course some are, but there's still a lot of capable people in this world.
Majority of Americans are soft, yes they would be helpless. Once the criminal element have free reign expect fireworks in LA,Manhattan etc.

All those snowflakes who need safe spaces would be unable to fend for themselves.

My advice is gtfo out of the big dense cities once things get a little hairy.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OP this is such a dumb post, NOT everyone gets sick. You’re just paranoid and trying to create fear. In a country of 350 million only 12 individuals are sick from it. It’s far from the end times.
I said America dodged a bullet.

But if for some reason it somehow takes hold ypu better believe we will fall like a deck of cards. It wont be the virus being the thing to worry about.

This aint your grandpappys America anymore.

Its not everyone getting sick the problem. Its that the wrong people getting sick the problem.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts