Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am sitting here reading various web pages when I saw the UPS man show up on my security camera pulling into the drive way. He hands me a box from Palmetto. I was like, WTF. So I opened it up and there they were...

My 3 D&H 5.56 30rd Aluminum Magazine's that I bought for 9.99 a piece. I placed the order on the 18th of December. Truly amazing that they came and that the order didn't get canceled like several other vendors did to me. They delivered and stuck with the agreed price upon purchase.

Great vendor!

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Palmetto is one of my favorites! They are slow to ship, but it's because they are a small operation and their excellent deals results in them getting swamped with orders. If you aren't patient, they probably aren't the place to order from. But, if you can wait, their stuff is WORTH waiting for. I ordered some stuff about the same time in December, so hopefully my stuff will come soon as well! :thumb:

·
Scout
1,464 Posts
I had place a order for 3 lowers on Nov 17 and sure as heck they showed up as ordered for $99.97 each. They have alwasy came through for me. I got a shipping notice from them just this morning on another order I had placed...More parts!!!!!

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Now if only they could ship me the other upper I paid them for a month and a half ago. I only got one of two that I ordered. Two calls to customer service and an un-answered E-mail later, I still do not have a tracking number. PSA is slowly beginning to wear thin on me.

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Now if only they could ship me the other upper I paid them for a month and a half ago. I only got one of two that I ordered. Two calls to customer service and an un-answered E-mail later, I still do not have a tracking number. PSA is slowly beginning to wear thin on me.
You'll get it. If it's any consolation, just about every other place I've ordered from since the Connecticut shooting has taken forever to be delivered too. The only one I've ordered from that has still shipped quick is Brownell's. But they are pretty much out of stock on everything AR now...

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
I was there the other day, it's mass chaos, they're still building uppers that were ordered right after the election....yes, they're that far behind, but they'll come through, they've never let me down.

Reactions: 223shootersc

·
Learning
6,703 Posts
PSA is honest and reputable, I've always gotten everything I wanted.

I've put in several orders from different companies, even some things that weren't backordered and have not gotten anything since the CT deal except tomahawks from Midway and some vintage surplus items and ammo from JG Sales.

·
Sic semper tyrannis
745 Posts
I was there the other day, it's mass chaos, they're still building uppers that were ordered right after the election....yes, they're that far behind, but they'll come through, they've never let me down.
If they're that far behind, how is it they could offer uppers built and shipped in 3-days during the christmas/post sandy hook environment?

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Speak of the Devil! I just got my shipment notice in my e-mail for the LPK I ordered on the 18th of December. :thumb:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's great to hear Paladin. I never received an email notification of my mags shipping. So it was like a mini xmas for me. :)

I won't ever buy from Brownell's. I had ordered 10 mags in a bundle deal that morning prior to Odumbo opened his mouth. They sent me confirmation that they were in stock then a shipping information then two days later I get a cancelation email. They still have not responded to my emails nor phone calls on what they did. I can only assume that they canceled my order so they could charge more since they stated to me in two seperate emails my order was going to be filled and the items were in stock. Go figure.

·
Noman
903 Posts
Palmetto is one of my favorites! They are slow to ship, but it's because they are a small operation and their excellent deals results in them getting swamped with orders. If you aren't patient, they probably aren't the place to order from. But, if you can wait, their stuff is WORTH waiting for. I ordered some stuff about the same time in December, so hopefully my stuff will come soon as well! :thumb:
Paladin, you were right about it being worth the wait. I got my wifes CHF m4 upper in time for christmas. I was also able to get a box-o-mags (D&H variety) before they sold out. I also got a stripped blemished lower for cheap. I can't even tell where the blemish is. I will continue to do business with PSA.

·
Survived Panic Buy Dec'12
535 Posts
still waiting for my boxes of .22 from them. Granted I ordered it around the 20th. Hate when places charge my card without shipping the item.

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
That's great to hear Paladin. I never received an email notification of my mags shipping. So it was like a mini xmas for me. :)

I won't ever buy from Brownell's. I had ordered 10 mags in a bundle deal that morning prior to Odumbo opened his mouth. They sent me confirmation that they were in stock then a shipping information then two days later I get a cancelation email. They still have not responded to my emails nor phone calls on what they did. I can only assume that they canceled my order so they could charge more since they stated to me in two seperate emails my order was going to be filled and the items were in stock. Go figure.
Wow! I would call and tell them you want to talk to someone in charge. I've been dealing with Brownell's for 20 years and I've never had a customer service issue with them! That is totally unsatisfactory!

Reactions: Boredom

·
Registered
156 Posts
still waiting for my boxes of .22 from them. Granted I ordered it around the 20th. Hate when places charge my card without shipping the item.
Agreed! Waiting on 3 boxes of .22 myself, but they made sure they got their money. I have neither my order or my money at this point. They should not charge your card until they ship the item in my opinion, but that just makes too much sense.

·
Sic semper tyrannis
745 Posts

Err.

Brownell's prices for mags now is the same as it was prior to the rush. Also, they allowed pre-orders and back orders of magazines, and other items at the usual price. I've got two orders sitting, processed waiting for stock now. You can also still order Brownell's brand mags on back order at the normal price.

It probably has more to do with their inventory system being overwhelmed and over-selling items. Once they caught it, you were one of the unfortunate ones who's order was an over-sell.

PSA, on the other hand, has had my LPK order in "processing" for 3 weeks. The items showed in stock when I ordered them. They had them back in stock on the website yesterday, and they've got lower build kits listed in stock on the website right now. Each time the LPK has gone out of stock and come back into stock, it's gone up 10 dollars.

·
Registered
310 Posts
PSA has been a very reliable source for my pieces and parts. Yes they are overwhelmed with orders as everyone is right now but they have shipped everything I have ordered and their website is kept up to date very well.

·
Sic semper tyrannis
745 Posts
no doubt they've overwhelmed, but their problems with order accuracy and slow processing/shipping are far older than the last couple of months.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I had one of those "oh crud" moments, I caught a link on Botach here on the boards about them having 33 round Glock 9mm mags in stock, and I instantly went on their site and ordered them ($31). After I got done, somebody posted that the company was untrustworthy. I checked my CC and sure enough they charged me (bought 6 of em).

Well, a week later they arrived, no problem, no sweat, 6 honest to goodness Glock factory 33 round mags. They are going for $120 each now on some of the auction sites... so while others may have problems with Botach, I got my order from them just fine.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
And here I sit waiting patiently for a upper I ordered several weeks ago. I know it'll show up eventually because the charge sure did. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts