Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Noman
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my order today of 10 D&H thirty round magazines. Total price was $119.90 shipped. I ordered these from PSA four days after the Newtown shooting. After I placed my order (and confirmed they were in stock) I checked my email and got my confirmation #. I refreshed my browser on the website and the deal I ordered (a 10 pack of mags) was out of stock.

The magazines themselves seem to be very high quality. They have a smooth teflon finish, and magpul anti tilt followers. The fit in my AR is nice and tight. The stamping looks very nicely done on the floor plate with the PSA logo.

I'll have to do an update once I run a few mags through to see how they feed. I have no reason to think that there will be any feeding issues.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I like the floor plate. It would match my lower, upper and BCG. I have gotten a lot of great servie out of OKay brand mags. OKay makes them for Colt, but they sell cheaper than Colt mags

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I picked up some of the D&H mags that Aim Surplus had a while back. They look to be the same thing as what you have. Mine came with anti-tilt followers and have worked flawlessly in my AR. D&H was formerly LaBelle, and they had a reputation for first rate mags. The only other mags I have are Brownell's 30 rounders. The ones with the chrome-silicon spring. I had to replace the follower with Mag-pul anti tilts. They work well, too. Never any problem. I've got 30 of the E-Landers that www.themakogroup.com is selling. They're steel and have had some great reports about the quality and fit.
Good luck with your new mags!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ahh... those were the days.

You could go online and shop around, visit different sites without worrying that the first one would be sold out by the time you got back to it.

You could compare prices and shop for bargains. And once you bought something, if it didn't ship in 24 hours the vendor would send an apology and a discount for your next order.

Sigh.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have ordered 2 batches of 10 both for 89.99 plus s&h. I ordered the last set on the evening of the 14th...took 3 weeks to get them. Will definately get more if/when available. They are the same mags that came with my AR...

·
454Pakr
59 Posts
How do you get the Base Plate of the D&H mags to slide off. There's no detent to push in and they won't budge for me. I need to grind down the forward lip about 1/8" so my .50 Beowulf rounds don't hang up there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts