1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chief: Palin's home church damaged by arson

Governor apologizes if 'negative attention' from campaign is connected
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28213500?GT1=43001

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin's home church was badly damaged by arson, leading the governor to apologize if the fire was connected to "undeserved negative attention" from her failed campaign as the Republican vice presidential nominee.

Damage to the Wasilla Bible Church was estimated at $1 million, authorities said Saturday. No one was injured in the fire, which was set Friday night while a handful of people, including two children, were inside, according to Central Mat-Su Fire Chief James Steele.

He said the blaze was being investigated as an arson but didn't know of any recent threats to the church. Authorities didn't know whether Palin's connection to the church was relevant to the fire, Steele said.

"It's hard to say at this point. Everything is just speculation," he said. "We have no information on intent or motive."

Steele would not comment on the means used to set the fire.

Pastor Larry Kroon declined to say whether the church had received any recent threats.

"There are so many variables," he said. "I don't want to comment in that direction."

Palin stops by the church
Palin, who was not at the church at the time of the fire, stopped by Saturday. Her spokesman, Bill McAllister, said in a statement that Palin told an assistant pastor she was sorry if the fire was connected to the "undeserved negative attention" the church has received since she became the vice presidential candidate Aug. 29.

"Whatever the motives of the arsonist, the governor has faith in the scriptural passage that what was intended for evil will in some way be used for good," McAllister said.

The 1,000-member evangelical church was the subject of intense scrutiny after Palin was named John McCain's running mate. Early in Palin's campaign, the church was criticized for promoting in a Sunday bulletin a Focus on the Family "Love Won Out Conference" in Anchorage. The conference promised to "help men and women dissatisfied with living homosexually understand that same-sex attractions can be overcome."

The fire was set at the entrance of the church and moved inward as a small group of women were working on crafts, Steele said. The group was alerted to the blaze by a fire alarm.

Outside temperatures were minus 20 as firefighters battled the blaze.

Steele said a multi-agency task force was being assembled to investigate the fire.

Wasilla, the governor's hometown, is 40 miles north of Anchorage.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
They found empty kerosene containers near where the fire originated. But, since kerosene is not a very good accelerant, they could have been filled with gasoline or something else.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Its a good thing this didnt happen to the church obama attended. There would be riots in every major city.
just like those riots that were supposed to happen on election night but didn't.

those riots

I place the blame on witches.

Kenyan witch-hunter blesses Palin in new Internet video
Sep 25, 2008

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — An Internet video showing Sarah Palin being blessed by a Kenyan witch-hunter emerged Thursday in the latest online blast from the Republican vice-presidential nominee's past.

The video appeared on Youtube and several sites showing Palin taking part in a 2005 service at a Pentecostal church in Alaska where preacher Thomas Muthee calls for witches and other Palin enemies to be defeated.

In the video, Palin can be seen standing before Muthee with her head bowed as her hands are held by two members of the congregation.

In his sermon, Muthee praises Palin for her quest to become governor of Alaska and calls on other church members to seek positions of influence.

"In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, every form of witchcraft is what you rebuke. In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, father make away now," Muthee says in the video.

"Come on, talk to God about this woman. We declare, save her from Satan," he adds. "Make her way, my God. Bring finances her way even for the campaign in the name of Jesus. Use her to turn this nation the other way around."

In the same sermon, Muthee calls on followers to seek positions of influence in government, education and business.

"If we have that in our schools we will not have kids being taught how to worship Buddha, how to worship (Prophet) Mohammed. We will not have in the curriculum, witchcraft and sorcery," Muthee said.

There was no immediate reaction from the campaign of White House hopeful John McCain to the second Internet video to appear in recent weeks that gives an insight into Palin's devout religious beliefs.

Earlier this month, a video surfaced from a speech Palin had given in June to students at her former church in Alaska where she said United States forces in Iraq had been sent on a "task that is from God."

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right," Palin said in the video.

"Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she said

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gh7Lk46Oz-h8mWP35QuNXGRxkbmQ

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would bet anything I have, that there would have been riots if your savior did not win that election. Ive got a link for you too john, blowmecommie.com

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Ive got a link for you too john, blowmecommie.com
The funny thing is that some people, including mod(s), don't think this guy(fx) is a troll. It couldn't be any more obvious than if someone whacked you upside the head with a baseball bat.:rolleyes: Sheesh.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I would bet anything I have, that there would have been riots if your savior did not win that election. Ive got a link for you too john, blowmecommie.com
how could he not win when the american people voted for him by a landslide?
That's not logical.

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
The funny thing is that some people, including mod(s), don't think this guy(fx) is a troll. It couldn't be any more obvious than if someone whacked you upside the head with a baseball bat.:rolleyes: Sheesh.
2,275 posts since Sept 2008 that is a clue. I have heard that Left leaning organizations are paying people to infiltrate forums such as this.

·
Liberty or Death
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just like those riots that were supposed to happen on election night but didn't.

those riots

I place the blame on witches.

Kenyan witch-hunter blesses Palin in new Internet video
Sep 25, 2008

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — An Internet video showing Sarah Palin being blessed by a Kenyan witch-hunter emerged Thursday in the latest online blast from the Republican vice-presidential nominee's past.

The video appeared on Youtube and several sites showing Palin taking part in a 2005 service at a Pentecostal church in Alaska where preacher Thomas Muthee calls for witches and other Palin enemies to be defeated.

In the video, Palin can be seen standing before Muthee with her head bowed as her hands are held by two members of the congregation.

In his sermon, Muthee praises Palin for her quest to become governor of Alaska and calls on other church members to seek positions of influence.

"In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, every form of witchcraft is what you rebuke. In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, father make away now," Muthee says in the video.

"Come on, talk to God about this woman. We declare, save her from Satan," he adds. "Make her way, my God. Bring finances her way even for the campaign in the name of Jesus. Use her to turn this nation the other way around."

In the same sermon, Muthee calls on followers to seek positions of influence in government, education and business.

"If we have that in our schools we will not have kids being taught how to worship Buddha, how to worship (Prophet) Mohammed. We will not have in the curriculum, witchcraft and sorcery," Muthee said.

There was no immediate reaction from the campaign of White House hopeful John McCain to the second Internet video to appear in recent weeks that gives an insight into Palin's devout religious beliefs.

Earlier this month, a video surfaced from a speech Palin had given in June to students at her former church in Alaska where she said United States forces in Iraq had been sent on a "task that is from God."

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right," Palin said in the video.

"Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she said

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gh7Lk46Oz-h8mWP35QuNXGRxkbmQ
You are hijacking my thread, I am reporting you.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
You are hijacking my thread, I am reporting you.
maybe the mods should examine your unhealthy obsession with me

You are a FLAMING LIBERAL. Dont denie it, its the truth.

Im tried of wasteing time in theses threads by...

Im tried of wasteing time in theses threads by FX. Im going to ignore all his threads and posts till he gets some common sence. And I recomend this for every one else.

Hey kenxkillz,
When FX starts getting proved wrong he will start makeing stuff up and saying ilrelevent stuff (like now) and eventraly he will stop posting in this thread. What a mature thing to...

Forum: General Discussion 12-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Replies: 54 Impeach obama
Views: 623 Posted By wengo15
Ok now Im getting worried, its almost been an...

Ok now Im getting worried, its almost been an hour and no FXjohn.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
that article was about registering to vote.

that's different than actually casting votes, did you not know that?

you fell for a right wing talking point

There have been several documented and widely publicized instances in which registration forms have been fraudulently completed and submitted. But it is extraordinarily difficult to find reported cases in which individuals have submitted registration forms in someone else's name in order to impersonate them at the polls. Furthermore, most reports of registration fraud do not actually claim that the fraud happens so that ineligible people can vote at the polls. Indeed, we are aware of no recent substantiated case in which registration fraud has resulted in fraudulent votes being cast.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200810160014

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.