Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/12/palin_denies_denying_global_wa_1.html

In an interview with ABC's Charles Gibson that was broadcast Thursday and Friday, the GOP vice presidential nominee took pains to say she had not denied humans' role in driving climate changes across the globe.

"Show me where I have ever said that there's absolute proof that nothing that man has ever conducted or engaged in has had any effect or no effect on climate change. I have not said that," Palin told Gibson.

In fact, she has publicly questioned this connection -- which represents the current scientific consensus -- at least twice.

Last year, she told the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, "I'm not an Al Gore, doom-and-gloom environmentalist blaming the changes in our climate on human activity." And in an interview Newmax magazine just released, which was conducted before she was selected as John McCain's running mate, the Alaska governor said, "A changing climate will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made."

As a governor representing the state most affected by climate change at the moment, Palin has emphasized how Alaska can adapt to changing conditions, whether its helping fund the relocation of remote communities or pushing for new icebreakers that could speed energy exploration in the Arctic. By contrast, she has not weighed in on whether the federal government should cap greenhouse gas emissions -- something McCain has made a centerpiece of his Senate career.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/12/palin_denies_denying_global_wa_1.html

In an interview with ABC's Charles Gibson that was broadcast Thursday and Friday, the GOP vice presidential nominee took pains to say she had not denied humans' role in driving climate changes across the globe.

"Show me where I have ever said that there's absolute proof that nothing that man has ever conducted or engaged in has had any effect or no effect on climate change. I have not said that," Palin told Gibson.

In fact, she has publicly questioned this connection -- which represents the current scientific consensus -- at least twice.

Last year, she told the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, "I'm not an Al Gore, doom-and-gloom environmentalist blaming the changes in our climate on human activity." And in an interview Newmax magazine just released, which was conducted before she was selected as John McCain's running mate, the Alaska governor said, "A changing climate will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made."

As a governor representing the state most affected by climate change at the moment, Palin has emphasized how Alaska can adapt to changing conditions, whether its helping fund the relocation of remote communities or pushing for new icebreakers that could speed energy exploration in the Arctic. By contrast, she has not weighed in on whether the federal government should cap greenhouse gas emissions -- something McCain has made a centerpiece of his Senate career.

What is your complaint? There is a big difference between DENYING something..which is what you claim.. and questioning it which is what she did.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
A marriage is not a hierarchical structure.
Few businesses would accept a VP who openly disagree with and undermines the presidents authority..
Disagreements are talked about in private and sorted out there..

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
A marriage is not a hierarchical structure.
Few businesses would accept a VP who openly disagree with and undermines the presidents authority..
Disagreements are talked about in private and sorted out there..
Reagan accepted GHW Bush as his VP despite Bush calling the Laffer Curve Voo-Doo economics.

The desperation of the Dems is wearing thin...:sleep:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Kind of ruins the whole notion of "straight talk."
Straight talk? Example maybe is you saying someone "denied" when they actually questioned?

Cant have none of them questions asked or any expressions of less than total commitment, especially with theories.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was desperation that made McCain even choose Palin. You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. He needed to get a woman, any woman. Having two old white guys going against Obama would have been certain doom.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts

You're a bug. That's your problem.

When Solar Cycle 24 becomes a house hold phrase we will be wishing for global warming. Oh, it's climate crisis now.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
It was desperation that made McCain even choose Palin. You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. He needed to get a woman, any woman. Having two old white guys going against Obama would have been certain doom.
But what really chaps your hide is that it's working :rofl:

A word to the wise for Biden: Don't fly in any small planes, you don't want to get the Mel Carnahan treatment so Hillary can step in.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Reagan accepted GHW Bush as his VP despite Bush calling the Laffer Curve Voo-Doo economics.

I'm not a democrat.
The politics of it is irrelevant to me. I just find it strange that a subordinate openly disagrees with and critisize his/her boss in public. It is not the sort of leadership I am used to. When the captain says so you salute and carry out his orders as if they were your own!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'm not a democrat.
The politics of it is irrelevant to me. I just find it strange that a subordinate openly disagrees with and critisize his/her boss in public. It is not the sort of leadership I am used to. When the captain says so you salute and carry out his orders as if they were your own!
That's not the way it works in this part of the world. Policy disagreements are welcomed, so long as you do not break the 11th commandment.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
And what does Joe Biden do?
He tells a guy in a wheel chair to stand up.

She is a Christian Conservative and liberals are scared to death. ha ha ha haaaa ha
So are their European buds, the French, the head choppers, and a hammer and sickle dudes.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Why don't you give up, you are not going to make anyone dislike Palin:rolleyes:

Reactions: thewall

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
That's not the way it works in this part of the world. Policy disagreements are welcomed, so long as you do not break the 11th commandment.
So in other words you're not quite sure what sort of leadership you elect?
I mean it could be either McCains politics or Palins politics...

I'd rather know what the leadership intends to do and be sure that they do it and not spend their time arguing what to do.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
So in other words you're not quite sure what sort of leadership you elect?
I mean it could be either McCains politics or Palins politics...

I'd rather know what the leadership intends to do and be sure that they do it and not spend their time arguing what to do.
You are clearly lacking in knowledge of our basic political system, so I will excuse your ignorance.

Palin, as VP, will have only two (2) responsibilities:

1) To act as President of the Senate, where her sole meaningful duty would be to cast a tie breaking vote should the Senate be deadlocked 50-50 on a vote.

2) To take over if the President can no longer serve.

She will have zero (0) leadership responsibilities. She will have zero (0) political power.

Folks will vote for McCain or Obama and their respective policies. All else is window dressing.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts