Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pakistan (which means stabbers) let China look a out our "stealth helicopter"

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-let-china-see-crashed-u-stealth-copter-131841123.html

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistan gave China access to the previously unknown U.S. "stealth" helicopter that crashed during the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden in May despite explicit requests from the CIA not to, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.

The disclosure, if confirmed, is likely to further shake the U.S.-Pakistan relationship, which has been improving slightly after hitting its lowest point in decades following the killing of bin Laden.

During the raid, one of two modified Blackhawk helicopters, believed to employ unknown stealth capability, malfunctioned and crashed, forcing the commandos to abandon it.

"The U.S. now has information that Pakistan, particularly the ISI, gave access to the Chinese military to the downed helicopter in Abbottabad," the paper quoted a person "in intelligence circles" as saying on its website.

·
Beginner's Mind
1,681 Posts
Only thing I can figure is this administration likes getting screwed in the butt. Why else would they put up with this kind of crap?

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Chinese are NOT getting anything valuable out of this downed bird. And I would not be shocked and amazed to find out that this particular bird was actually "sacrificed" because it was old technology or something. I am pretty sure that they would not have used the most sophisticated technology on a raid like this one. Too many factors point against this downed bird being the latest and greatest.

·
Freedom isn't free.
6,201 Posts
The "downed hellicopter" might even be disinformation deliberately placed there in an attempt to steer the enemies research somewhere else and waste their resources. In which case Pakistan is helping us to beat the Chinese.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
The "downed hellicopter" might even be disinformation deliberately placed there in an attempt to steer the enemies research somewhere else and waste their resources. In which case Pakistan is helping us to beat the Chinese.
that would mean that B.O has a brain.I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Pakistan has a much stronger relationship with China than it does with the US, and China is its primary alley in its boarder disputes with India. China is its primary investor and is becoming its primary arms provider. Nobody with any sense would expect Pakistan to protect US interests over those of China.

·
Anarchist/Animist Primate
5,771 Posts
that would mean that B.O has a brain.I find that hard to believe.
Do people actually think that the President plans these operations?

Trained military people plan and execute these ops. The president just says okay, go ahead, or no.

That's one thing that bugged me about all the crap Jimmy Carter took for the failed attempt to rescue of the hostages in Iran.

We give presidents too much credit for what they can do as president. Don't get me wrong. I think Obama is a bad president. I just prefer to hold people accountable for what they are realistically responsible for.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
We pay the Pakistanis to gain permission to protect them from Al Queda, when we kill members of Al Queda we apologize for the deed. We lose a helicopter while killing Al Queda members and our "ally" lets an enemy perform reverse engineering on it. Ron Paul is right, our foreign policy is insane.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Do people actually think that the President plans these operations?

Trained military people plan and execute these ops. The president just says okay, go ahead, or no.

That's one thing that bugged me about all the crap Jimmy Carter took for the failed attempt to rescue of the hostages in Iran.

We give presidents too much credit for what they can do as president. Don't get me wrong. I think Obama is a bad president. I just prefer to hold people accountable for what they are realistically responsible for.
my lord Jimmy Carters attempt at a rescue. THat was a soup sandwich. I agree the the President gets to much praise when things go right and catch hell when they go South. Lets see Commander in Chief yes. That makes the success or failure his. The issue was did they leave the helo there to confuse China. It seems to me they were not to hot to destroy it from what I remember after it went down.

·
Observer
707 Posts
Firstly, it was just the tail rotor, which means avionics and other stuff should be okay.
Secondly, if China tried I'm pretty sure they could find whatever they needed anyway (Just look at thier new Chengdu J 20 fighter, looks alot similar to the JSF that the US is in the process of fielding)
Thirdly, the saying goes that whenever a "new technology" is discovered by the masses, chances are there is already another secret and more advanced technology that we don't know about flying about up there.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,885 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Chinese are NOT getting anything valuable out of this downed bird. And I would not be shocked and amazed to find out that this particular bird was actually "sacrificed" because it was old technology or something. I am pretty sure that they would not have used the most sophisticated technology on a raid like this one. Too many factors point against this downed bird being the latest and greatest.
Agreed!

The Chinese have more than likely stolen quite of bit of classified data on this helicopter already and just went to verify whether or not this was a bird they already knew about or not.

The US knew it could possibly fall into the wrong hands, if our Generals were utilizing it, they knew the risk going into the operation.

It may not be old tech, it may very well be new technology but we wouldn't be using it without the next technology already being worked on

Reactions: Herd Sniper

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Firstly, it was just the tail rotor, which means avionics and other stuff should be okay.
Secondly, if China tried I'm pretty sure they could find whatever they needed anyway (Just look at thier new Chengdu J 20 fighter, looks alot similar to the JSF that the US is in the process of fielding)
Thirdly, the saying goes that whenever a "new technology" is discovered by the masses, chances are there is already another secret and more advanced technology that we don't know about flying about up there.
Even if it was a windshield wiper, the Pakis had no business turning it over to the Chinese. From here on in, I wouldn't give them one penny.

·
Observer
707 Posts
I know, they were wrong, but I'm just trying to say the Commies wouldn't have got much anyway!

The US KNOW they have a chummy relationship with the Chinese, but still give them aid. It's beyond belief, I know. Like an above poster said, the foreign policy is crazy.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, I would have had that particular dog put down long ago.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts