Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bye everyone
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom is not a prepper and does not believe in it. However she asked me to check on her cats for the week while she is out of town. Then asked me if I wanted to be paid in silver :thumb:

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Now that is love LOL. Tell her there is no charge for the visit (she is your mom after all) but that you will accept gifts :D:

·
U.S. Air Force Veteran
3,968 Posts
Now how do we get our employers to do this?
Well it has been done in NV but eventually the IRS came after the employer. He was using Silver and Gold Eagles I think. He won his first case but the IRS still hounded him until they got a victory.

I would use pre-1965 coins. It would be awfully hard to argue that using regular old American quarters, half-dollars and dimes is a crime.

·
7,504 Posts
In some families, they just automatically make the offer because of the time and fuel involved.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well it has been done in NV but eventually the IRS came after the employer. He was using Silver and Gold Eagles I think. He won his first case but the IRS still hounded him until they got a victory.

I would use pre-1965 coins. It would be awfully hard to argue that using regular old American quarters, half-dollars and dimes is a crime.
They would argue you're paying below minimum wage due to the face value of the coins, or that you're conspiring to deface currency if you bring up the melt value.

·
Sector IV
661 Posts
They would argue you're paying below minimum wage due to the face value of the coins, or that you're conspiring to deface currency if you bring up the melt value.
Minimum wage is a non-issue for contracted labor. It's a sticky situation though, to be sure.

·
Not playing games
1,332 Posts
Looked into starting an alternate Currency here, but the biggest leg-up a project like that could have is missing here - Oregon has no sales tax.

Oh well, take the good with the bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts