Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a paddle holster, the hard plastic holster, for my Ruger P90 from CTD.... I can barely get the gun to snap into place and it is near impossible to get the gun back out again. Is there a trick to using this thing or should I just not have bought a paddle holster?

·
Registered
85 Posts
sorry about your holster. nothing makes a fella madder when something dont work like it should and you spent your hard earned money on it...any chance on taking it back ? if you do try one of those blackhawk serpa's. mines plastic, open top design and you have to use your trigger finger to depress a button on the side and it comes out real quick with just a little practice. i been wearing one since march and it's pretty comfortable as i carry a full size sig 45 on my side.
there's hardware included if you want to wear it on the belt loops or as a paddle...i chose the paddle as i take it on and off frequently.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks family man...! I am looking online now at the Blackhawk holsters now. If I can find one for the Ruger P90 I'll pull the trigger... pun intended.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skifast, that is the exact one that I have with the same problem! It is way too tight for my P90 that I literally almost have to break it to get the gun in and out. I will try to heat it with a hair dryer and see if it works! Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a P95 and cant find much in the name of holsters (except for a Don Hume's that I like). I bought a drop leg 'cloth' universal and Ehhhh it just 'ok'. I read somewhere that Blackhawk or Safariland was going to add Ruger P-series to its Serpa-type holsters. But its not listed on the websites yet. I wish they would, I love my gun...just dont have a quality holster too match.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I highly recommend the Serpa holsters as well. Although they do not currently show a model for the P90 on the Blackhawk website, it may be worth a quick phone call to see if one will be available anytime soon.

I purchased a Fobus for my XD a couple of years ago and could not extract my pistol from it without using two hands (on the lightest tension setting). I took it back to the gun shop where I had bought the holster and the gentleman behind the counter informed me that my draw stroke was all wrong. He then proceeded to demonstrate the correct draw stroke with my holster. 10 minutes later he appeared more frustrated than I have ever seen a retail employee. No matter how hard he tried, he could not get that holster to release the gun without a spirited yank with both hands. Needless to say I got my money back. Although I don't have any personal issues with Kydex, I do like the fact that the Serpa CQC holsters are reinforced with carbon fiber.

·
Registered
308 Posts
First off, it sucks that your holster doesn't fit properly, Secondly, I'm glad to find out about the poor fit/quality of Fobus before I spent my money on one. I'll second what's already been said about Blackhawk Serpa's, if they come out with one designed for your Ruger, buy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts