Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here´s picture of the content:

1. SAS Survival book, Wiseman (handy pocket size)
2. Outdoor Survival Handbook, Mears
3. Bush Craft, Kochanski
4. Deep Survival, Gonzales

5. 4 pcs Victorinox Classic SD pocket knives metal "alox" versions
6. 3 pcs Rough Use knives from cheaperthandirt.com
7. Leatherman Blast multitool (missing from picture, because it was in my belt, forgot)
8. Winchester hunting knife (suprise gift from BMatt, thanks)

All very handy stuff. Those rough knives I´m going to test how 9,90 bucks cheapos can perform when put edge on those. Feels very solid in hand atleast, but sheathes sucks.

Small Victorinox are just cute and handy to have here and there. Leatherman Blast will replace my old Leatherman PST being tougher and having lockable blades. I just don´t like new version having nylon sheath. Old style leather sheath rocks! Maybe I can do one for Blast.

Winchester hunting knife feels good build quality, but bad grind. Let´s what happens when I try to put new edge on it.

Bushcraft & Survival books are always good to have and I like especially that compact SAS Survival book that I can keep in my backpack as a reference book. Others I have seen and read already except that Deep Survival which I have heard beeing very good.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saved a lot of bucks by buying those from USA, here in Finland everything is so damn expensive.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Glad you like the stuff! I really enjoyed getting lots of stuff cheap while we were living in the US and I made sure to buy a whole bunch of things before we left so I wouldn't have to pay 3x as much in Finland, if the stuff is even available at all.

You should make some videos of you using the knives for outdoor stuff after you sharpen them.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I'm impressed with the Winchester knives. They are really solid but very inexpensive. My wife bought me one for my birthday and I thought she spent big bucks. Only cost her $20.00. One of the best overall values on the market.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm impressed with the Winchester knives. They are really solid but very inexpensive. My wife bought me one for my birthday and I thought she spent big bucks. Only cost her $20.00. One of the best overall values on the market.
I must agree, I got a small (1.5" blade small) winchester folder a couple years ago... Great little knife, holds a nice edge, locks well, and is small enough to put in your wallet. Great for places that frown upon knives, it's just so small... but enough for basic utility work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts