Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded into this one on Sunday. So far, I've run two boxes of Wolf 150 grain and two boxes of DAG NATO without a hiccup. Now, field stripping is a bear because it's different from a conventional FAL in that the recoil spring is cramped into the dust cover around the fixed guide rod on the inside. It took me quite a while to get it back together, but I shouldn't have any issues next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Something to keep in mind.

http://www.dsarms.com/t-ammunitionwarning.aspx

The gun wasn't designed for steel case.
That's odd. While I mostly shoot brass, I've run quite a bit of steel case through my Imbel FAL without any apparent issue. Any idea what the actual reason is? The only thing I've found in searching is "It's hard on the extractor", but I can't say I've seen the same results myself.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I can't swear this is correct, but I've been hearing for a while now that the steel in steel-cased ammo was very pliable,low-grade steel that was actually softer than a quality brass case.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
That's odd. While I mostly shoot brass, I've run quite a bit of steel case through my Imbel FAL without any apparent issue. Any idea what the actual reason is? The only thing I've found in searching is "It's hard on the extractor", but I can't say I've seen the same results myself.
Plenty of guys on the FAL files have run thousands of rounds of steel.

Most gun companies say don't shoot reloaded ammo too....

Love my PARAS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts