Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking to buy a little .22 for my stepbrother to practice on and my fiance' to mess around with. Turns out my buddy has a P22 he will sell for $150. He straight up told me he has had nothing but problems with it upfront.

We fired off some rounds and it jammed ALOT. As in jams when first chambering, jams on 3rd shot, 4th, etc.

It was actually deforming the.. I think he had some sort of winchester hollowpoints, not exactly sure.. but the nose would get stuck and actually jam hard enough to indent the round. It seemed like it was overshooting the feed ramp at times, getting the round wedged quite solid and racking the slide would just hammer it harder and deform the round more.

The only way to remove was to drop the mag and smack the slide down while racking.

I attempted to polish the feed ramp and got her pretty shiny, cleaned her all up nice and pretty and it still has the same issues.

I check the mags we used and they are newer -A style, the weapon is maybe a year old so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Now it's turned into more of a "want to fix it up" even if I don't buy it sort of thing.

Any suggestions? This one has me stumped. :confused:

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
I just got a P22 2 weeks ago ran about 500 rounds through it no problems. I have been told CCI stingers work best even though a little pricey for .22lr.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Theres a PDF you should download, and refer to for maintenance and troubleshooting.
P22 Bible , its about 17 MB, with pictures, diagrams, etc.

My P22 has been troublefree with any ammo. Blazer, Minimag, Dynapoint. But CCI Minimag is the recommended round for break-in periods, especially if it is failures to eject. Highest velocity from a full-weight bullet. Its momentum that works.

·
Wendigo244
103 Posts
Remove the Mag Safety... It turns into a different gun. You can cycle the cheapest ammo you can find after that little mod. It also makes the rounds less prone to stopping just above the chamber and it makes the "A" series mag's feed rounds just as nice as the "B" series.
Infact it even becomes the double action that it is advritised as And its as easy as pie.
Up until just recently I was in love with my little Walther... Until the slide cracked with far less then 5000 rounds through it in under 4 months. I'll let you know how the warrenty goes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
it could be an ammo issue also. try using remington high velocity bulk pack. my p22 loved those. The only issued i had with my p22 is when the slide cracked and the warranty will not cover it since 1. warranty is only for 1 year or something. 2. im not the orignal owner.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Its the magazines

I own one and although I haven't had that problem I have heard about it a few times before.

Its a common problem from the one of the earlier production runs of the P22 and isn't the weapon at all but rather the magazines. Walther knows about this problem and if you contact them they will exchange those magazines for new ones that will feed proper.

Its true that the Walther can be ammo picky (usually preferring the CCI's) but what you've described has magazine feed problem all over it.

Good luck with the customer service though. I've found that you need to repeatedly stay on top of those guys if contacting through Email. Your best best would be to call them on the phone and hope you get someone who knows about the P22.

Best of luck.
Crypto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts