Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share some photos i have collected over the last couple of years, from Ozark Scenic Riverways.

^ view from K highway by Akers Ferry ^

^ Welch Spring(105 million gallons per day) entering Current River ^

^ Devil's Well ^

^ looking up the stairs in Devils Well ^

^ Round Spring(33 million gallons per day) ^

^ Cave Spring(24 million gallons per day) ^

^ looking out of Cave Spring ^

^farther in cave spring^

^ Pulltite Spring(47 million gallons per day)^

^ Pulltite Spring branch^

^ Pulltite cabin^

^Merrit Rock Cave ^

^ Big Spring(286 million gallons per day) ^

^ Big Spring Bran...RIVER ^

^ Rocky Falls ^

^ Blue Spring(81 million gallons per day) ^

^ looking down at Blue Spring ^

^ Blue Spring another year^

^Alley Spring dam and mill ^

^Alley Spring(84 million gallons per day)^

spring measurements from
http://members.socket.net/~joschaper/sprclos.html

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
makes me want to move to the ozarks - right now!- wow!
thanks for posting. Can you imagine the original settler's joy when they came across those springs! ( complete with native american inhabitants already no doubt)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I may as well add some photos of Eleven Point river which is a Wild and Scenic river located just south of Current River.

^Greer Spring upper^

^Greer Spring lower 222 million gallons per day^

^Falling Spring viewed from afar^

^falling Spring up close

^Turners Mill( i stand about 5'9")

^Turners Mill Spring^

^Turners Mills Spring^

^bend in the river^

^Boze Mill Spring 12 million gallons a day^

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have worked in 38 states, and so far north Arkansas is the most beautiful of them all. My daughters live about a mile from the buffalo river. Very nice pictures.

·
Grevcon 10
14,710 Posts
Sadly they're all well known locations that act as magnets and get people regularly so from an isolated wilderness survival/backpacking perspective, not a great place to go. Oddly enough Missouri's populated enough that it's hard to find places where you wouldn't run into people even though there are some really awesome places to go from a pure environment perspective.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love the Ozarks! There is so much area the Ozarks actually cover. I camp and canoe there every year at least once, usually twice. We usually canoe the Current River and get out at Aker's Ferry. Usually camp at "Jason's Place" near Aker's Ferry. The area is well worth a visit to any one that has never been.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Sadly they're all well known locations that act as magnets and get people regularly so from an isolated wilderness survival/backpacking perspective, not a great place to go. Oddly enough Missouri's populated enough that it's hard to find places where you wouldn't run into people even though there are some really awesome places to go from a pure environment perspective.
It's something less of a problem here in the arkansas ozarks. I'm spending some time tomorrow squirrel hunting on indian creek in pope county. I doubt I'll see another human being. Fact is I'm counting on it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Howdy cousin. Come a visit us in arkansas some time.

Have had plans the last two years to venture down to the Buffalo River but something always comes up. From the little Ive seen its quite beautiful. Hopefully I will make it early this summer.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Have had plans the last two years to venture down to the Buffalo River but something always comes up. From the little Ive seen its quite beautiful. Hopefully I will make it early this summer.
It'll be here and you're more than welcome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts