Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy one overwhites jacket size 1xL, or something simular.

Military issued Hooded lightweight non cotton jacket. Like a windbreaker with the noise of a plastic windbreaker.
grey, black or white or old school woodsland camo.

Please pm with the exact materials and with a picture.

I'll pay what ever the going rate is.

Will do a person to person paypal trade.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ill also pay a 10 dollar bounty to someone who sends me a url link with a jacket that fits my specifications.

·
Bergmann Field-Craft, AK
112 Posts
If you going to get over white AVOID the British issue ones..they are thin nylon and unless you're wearing white under it, you clothing will show through, especially when wet..

If you get non cotton you're gonna have a tough time getting dye to stick

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called my stepmother she had. Said the same thing "100 percent cotton or I won't help you"

But thanks for the review the britsh one didn't seem all that good, the german one seemed badass though

·
Bergmann Field-Craft, AK
112 Posts
There are some THICK Norwegian, off white/white smocks out there. Pullover and a button up version. Both have huge waist pockets. They dye well. The US version will dye well too but requires a thicker dye bath as they are really thin..

The German versions are cotton as well..Take care what size you get..anything smaller then a Euro 54 wont fit an average American...

Sportsmans has Italian, Czech and Swiss over whites too....at least they did..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Post some pics when you have 'em done...I'd like to see what you created. I just let my 'whites get a bit dirty and pretty much leave them that way. They work pretty well hiding in a fence-line scoping coyotes.:thumb:

·
=)
123 Posts
I'm looking to buy one overwhites jacket size 1xL, or something simular.

Military issued Hooded lightweight non cotton jacket. Like a windbreaker with the noise of a plastic windbreaker.
grey, black or white or old school woodsland camo.

Please pm with the exact materials and with a picture.

I'll pay what ever the going rate is.

Will do a person to person paypal trade.
If any of you are interested I have "US Military Snow Camo Parka covers" and mitten covers I'll sell a Medium Parka for $15 and Large for $20 plus shipping...as a BONUS I'll even send 2 sets of mitten covers with them! :thumb: Remember these are sized to go over your cold weather parka(or M-65 Field Jacket) so a medium is more like a lg to x-lg
POISON~~~~~~~~>

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you're looking to play with d.i.y. a camo job, I'd skip the dye and go with spraypaint. That will stick to non-cotton fabrics and as long as you're not trying to recreat some kind of fancy patern, it should work.
(note: Spraypaint will start to flake and come off, but the rattier it looks the better from a concealment standpoint.)
DM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts