1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Over 700 people being watched in Washington State. I posted this in the China Virus thread but with all the posts thought it might be overlooked.

Can anyone confirm this?
“These people are at risk of having been exposed to the virus and their health is being monitored by public health officials. The number also includes people who have been close to others that have confirmed laboratory cases of coronavirus, as well as people who have returned from China in the past 14 days.”

“The department of health says one person has tested positive for the virus and 24 have been tested but did not have the illness.”

Relax. Not the end....but not really a beginning, either.

Remember, the death toll in China was large because they have a communist health care system. It’s just not that bad a thing.

·
Sinner w/ a great Savior
3,919 Posts
"On watch" doesn't mean they have it, this is common cold and flu season, after all. The symptoms are close, maybe they went to China or had contact with someone who did, and they want to keep an eye on these people to see. The situation is likely the same all over in all states and nations.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
It is hard for me to make many comments that don't delve into the political nature of the underlying issues at play. I will refrain from specifics and just say that there is an abundance of caution, but no surfeit of veracity.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Over 700 people being watched in Washington State. I posted this in the China Virus thread but with all the posts thought it might be overlooked.

Thanks to Leadcouncil for confirming.

Washington State Monitoring 712 possible COVID19 Patients

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

Can anyone confirm this?

https://www.krem.com/article/news/h...R6Db66rgjDn3uwD9pCFG8faRlJNdFrRDzmqpqQ0fGkLEE
It just means they are under observation not that they are sick or carrying covid19 This virus seems to require extended contact in crowded spaces for infection.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,701 Posts
It just means they are under observation not that they are sick or carrying covid19 This virus seems to require extended contact in crowded spaces for infection.
And yet, it's spreading relatively quickly thru quarantined individuals on cruise ships.

It's obviously an airborne aerosol spreading virus. Otherwise uninfected people locked in their rooms co-located with infected locked in separate rooms would be safe. But hundreds are getting infected in this very scenario. They all share ventilation systems and that's the likely vector of transmission.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
As I said in the other post. This means nothing unless some of them start breaking with the sickness.

I had friends who where being 'monitored' for Ebola in 2014. All it meant was they where told by the health department to call if they had any symptoms. It means nothing.

In itself.

If next week, 300 of them come down sick its a whole different story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts