Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, October 7th, we Catholics commemorate the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. As explained in The Liturgy of the Hours:

The feast of the Holy Rosary was instituted by Pope Pius V to celebrate the anniversary of the defeat of the Turkish fleet at the battle of Lepanto on the first Sunday in October 1571, which ended the threat of Muslim domination of the Mediterranean and was ascribed in part to the prayers and processions of the Rosary confraternity in Rome. Later the feast was moved to the fixed date of 7 October.
So, in view of Mary's prayer of praise, The Magnificat:

And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. And his mercy is on those who fear him from generation to generation. He has shown strength with his arm, he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts, he has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted those of low degree; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent empty away. He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his posterity for ever."(Luke1:46-55)
... I request Mary's intercession:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. (Luke 1:28)
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. (Luke 1:42)
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Today, October 7th, we Catholics commemorate the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. As explained in The Liturgy of the Hours: So, in view of Mary's prayer of praise, The Magnificat:
... I request Mary's intercession:
Where can I find biblical information concerning the rosary? Mary was certainly blessed. All Christians are blessed.

Reactions: temu

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
I pray to The Living Messiah...

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Yahshua Messiah

not a dead saint who still awaits the last day resurrection.

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can I find biblical information concerning the rosary?
Do you refer to Biblical texts that reflect the various mysteries of the Rosary, or a text of Scripture that refers specifically to the Rosary?

ActionJackson said:
Mary was certainly blessed. All Christians are blessed.
Are you saying that all Christians are blessed to the extent that Mary was?

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Yahshua Messiah
I believe we are in agreement, as evidenced by the the following quotes from the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

51. It pleased God, in his goodness and wisdom, to reveal himself and to make known the mystery of his will. His will was that men should have access to the Father, through Christ, the Word made flesh, in the Holy Spirit, and thus become sharers in the divine nature.

294. The glory of God consists in the realization of this manifestation and communication of his goodness, for which the world was created. God made us to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, for the glory of God is man fully alive; moreover man's life is the vision of God: if God's revelation through creation has already obtained life for all the beings that dwell on earth, how much more will the Word's manifestation of the Father obtain life for those who see God. The ultimate purpose of creation is that God "who is the creator of all things may at last become "all in all", thus simultaneously assuring his own glory and our beatitude.

480. Jesus Christ is true God and true man, in the unity of his divine person; for this reason he is the one and only mediator between God and men.

667. Jesus Christ, having entered the sanctuary of heaven once and for all, intercedes constantly for us as the mediator who assures us of the permanent outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

771. The one mediator, Christ, established and ever sustains here on earth his holy Church, the community of faith, hope, and charity, as a visible organization through which he communicates truth and grace to all men.

846. How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body.

2574. Once the promise begins to be fulfilled (Passover, the Exodus, the gift of the Law, and the ratification of the covenant), the prayer of Moses becomes the most striking example of intercessory prayer, which will be fulfilled in the one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

2609. Once committed to conversion, the heart learns to pray in faith. Faith is a filial adherence to God beyond what we feel and understand. It is possible because the beloved Son gives us access to the Father. He can ask us to seek and to knock, since he himself is the door and the way.

2634. Intercession is a prayer of petition which leads us to pray as Jesus did. He is the one intercessor with the Father on behalf of all men, especially sinners. He is able for all time to save those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. The Holy Spirit himself intercedes for us and intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
Continuing ...

temu said:
not a dead saint who still awaits the last day resurrection.
Please elaborate.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hello again Firebird,yes I say we are all blessed like Mary, in that she recognized God as herone and only God, and Jesus was inside her.
He that is in us greater that he that is in the world, the scripture goes.
Sounds too simple doesnt it?...............but it,s fact,according to the Word of God.

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello again Firebird,yes I say we are all blessed like Mary, in that she recognized God as herone and only God, and Jesus was inside her.
He that is in us greater that he that is in the world, the scripture goes.
Sounds too simple doesnt it?...............but it,s fact,according to the Word of God.
Hello Farmerswife,
Would you say that we are "full of grace"?

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most appropriately on this day, and as on all days, the Night Prayer of The Liturgy of the Hours concludes with a Marian prayer:

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!
Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve, to thee do we send
up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us; and
after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Ever wonder why Austria was never part of the USSR. It was due to the nation praying the rosary.

It really is unfortunate that protestants malign the woman God chose as his mother. Do you really think at your judgment, her son will look favorably upon your insults to his mother?

The reason Mary has the power she does is because God gave it to her. Of herself she is a handmaid, God did great things to her.

Keep in mind that Jesus was the perfect man and kept the commandments. If He turned down a request from his mother, He would dishonor her and thus sin. Since He can not sin, her requests are like commands. However again, it is because He gave her that power. He also prevented her from being stained with original sin.

Ave Maria, gratia plena

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Firebird;294248]Do you refer to Biblical texts that reflect the various mysteries of the Rosary, or a text of Scripture that refers specifically to the Rosary?
I'd settle for a specific Bible verse or even an example of Jesus Christ, our example, using a rosary. As I recall, He told us to pray thusly, "And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." Luke 11:2-4

Are you saying that all Christians are blessed to the extent that Mary was?
Each Christian is blessed in whatever way God blesses them. Each Christian was granted a different gift. Mary was blessed in a special way that is shared by no other. However, being blessed in a special way does not make one a god or goddess. Christ was the only mediator between God the Father and men. That was His special office. Only one may play the role that Mary played and only one can play the role that Christ plays (speaking figuratively). Christ did not give birth and Mary is not a mediator.

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
"Mother Mary Full of Grace. You're getting pretty old. You must be. I've been saying this prayer over and over again but your alsheimers and hardness of hearing leads me to continue repeating myself in hopes that you will eventually retain the knowledge of the fact that I've been here for a while and praying to you out of the great guilt that the church has put on me. The freeing and redeeming qualities of faith, love, forgiveness, and freedom that your son introduced are but childs play compared to the comforting guilt and brainwashing your bishops, cardinals, and preists offer in your name. Please bless me and these tiny beads which apparently give me some sort of Pokemon like prayer capturing ability, and bless me for I have sinned."

I never understood the rosary. Maybe the constant editing of scripture and addition of scripture over the years helped make it clearer. :rolleyes:

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
All of you bible alone folks should meditate on the scripture that says only part of Jesus teaching has been written in this book. Ask yourself if the rest of Jesus teaching was only trivia and a waste of his time?

You can also meditate on the Wedding Feast. It is clear that Our Blessed Lady's prayer moved Jesus to perform his first public miracle, even against the antecedent will of God.

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd settle for a specific Bible verse or even an example of Jesus Christ, our example, using a rosary. As I recall, He told us to pray thusly, "And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." Luke 11:2-4
The Rosary is a post-Biblical development, as evidenced by the fact that 13 of the 15 meditated mysteries of the Rosary refer to events recorded in the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles. Regarding your concerns about the Our Father, typical praying of the Rosary includes it right after the Apostle's Creed. Additionally, The Liturgy of the Hours incorporates the Our Father in the Morning, Daytime, and Evening prayers. From my experience as both a Protestant and a Catholic, I would say that the Catholics are more likely to adhere to Christ's command in this regard than the Protestants.

ActionJackson said:
Each Christian is blessed in whatever way God blesses them. Each Christian was granted a different gift. Mary was blessed in a special way that is shared by no other. However, being blessed in a special way does not make on a god or goddess.
Catholics do not view Mary as a goddess; she is a creature.

ActionJackson said:
Christ was the only mediator between God the Father and men. That was His special office.
See my post, #6 of this thread.

ActionJackson said:
Only one may play the role that Mary played and only one can play the role that Christ plays (speaking figuratively). Christ did not give birth and Mary is not a mediator.
What do you mean by this statement in bold?

·
Banned
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Mother Mary Full of Grace. You're getting pretty old. You must be. I've been saying this prayer over and over again but your alsheimers and hardness of hearing leads me to continue repeating myself in hopes that you will eventually retain the knowledge of the fact that I've been here for a while and praying to you out of the great guilt that the church has put on me. The freeing and redeeming qualities of faith, love, forgiveness, and freedom that your son introduced are but childs play compared to the comforting guilt and brainwashing your bishops, cardinals, and preists offer in your name. Please bless me and these tiny beads which apparently give me some sort of Pokemon like prayer capturing ability, and bless me for I have sinned."

I never understood the rosary. Maybe the constant editing of scripture and addition of scripture over the years helped make it clearer. :rolleyes:
Thank you for your kind, Christian comments about my faith.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts