Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why/how did we let this happen?

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020...chinas-monopoly-on-u-s-drug-medical-supplies/

China produces and exports a large amount of pharmaceuticals to the U.S., including 97 percent of all antibiotics and 80 percent of the active ingredients used to make drugs here. Penicillin, ibuprofen, and aspirin largely come from China.
... 95 percent of U.S. imports of ibuprofen, 91 percent of U.S. imports of hydrocortisone, 70 percent of U.S. imports of acetaminophen, 40 to 45 percent of U.S. imports of penicillin, and 40 percent of U.S. imports of heparin, according to the Commerce Department. In total, 80 percent of the U.S. supply of antibiotics are made in China.
This is frightening. Plenty of scenarios that don't end well.

Mods: If this doesn't fit here please move it to where it does.

·
Indefatigable
20,313 Posts
Well in that case both countries are idiots. China could cut us off and conquer us at any time. Consider the source...

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
Why/how did we let this happen?

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020...chinas-monopoly-on-u-s-drug-medical-supplies/

This is frightening. Plenty of scenarios that don't end well.

Mods: If this doesn't fit here please move it to where it does.
We've been outsourcing labor, materials, and similar for decades.

Why is anyone surprised? When was the last time the US wasn't dependent on trade? WWII? Not in my lifetime, that's for sure.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Good reason NOT to take pharmaceuticals for any reason -- regardless of the source. A good Keto diet will keep the doctor away.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,690 Posts
There is another major source: India. Check the bottles on your prescriptions. If the source is another country it should say so in the fine print somewhere on the label, or on the paperwork received with the meds. If there is no country of origin, it should have the manufacturer's name. The manufacturer can be looked up.

Here are mine.

Rosuvastatin (Crestor) Mfg: Accord Pharmaceuticals - India

Clopidogrel (Plavix) Mfg: Sun Pharma - India

Guess which two countries manufacture the majority of counterfeit meds?

The migration of pharmaceutical manufacturing to India and China makes us very vulnerable in the case of an economic collapse.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I have just started the carnivore diet and will transition to keto after a couple of months.

Been doing Keto for a little more than a year and love the results. I've been thinking about trying straight carnivore. I hear that the results may even be better. It would essentially be what I'm already eating (meat, eggs, healthy fat, some cheeses) minus the green veggies.

Reactions: Good beer

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
It puts the lead back in the pencil. Check it out on youtube,I started out looking for the negatives first.

^^True, that^^ Keto has worked wonders. Who needs the "little blue pill?"

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
Been doing Keto for a little more than a year and love the results. I've been thinking about trying straight carnivore. I hear that the results may even be better. It would essentially be what I'm already eating (meat, eggs, healthy fat, some cheeses) minus the green veggies.
That's a really long time, I would break it off for 30 days and then continue, mainly because we just don't know the long term affects of a keto diet.

I did a 6 month stretch in 2018 but 2019 was a hard year for me financially and generally so I couldn't follow any diet consistently. I plan to do keto again once I move, but only for a 30 day sprint or so.

Looked into the carnivore diet but there is even less data on it than for keto.

Good beer, how long did you stay on Carnivore for? With both diets I would still take my daily vitamins, so I'm less concerned about the lack of nutrients and antioxidants a diet lacking veggies would normally have, but I'm cautious about jumping into it still, need to do more reading than just one article.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
That's a really long time, I would break it off for 30 days and then continue, mainly because we just don't know the long term affects of a keto diet.

I did a 6 month stretch in 2018 but 2019 was a hard year for me financially and generally so I couldn't follow any diet consistently. I plan to do keto again once I move, but only for a 30 day sprint or so.

Looked into the carnivore diet but there is even less data on it than for keto.

Good beer, how long did you stay on Carnivore for? With both diets I would still take my daily vitamins, so I'm less concerned about the lack of nutrients and antioxidants a diet lacking veggies would normally have, but I'm cautious about jumping into it still, need to do more reading than just one article.

My long term affects (1 year & 4 months):

1) Lost 65 to 70 lbs.
2) Joint pain in my knee, ankle, lower back, shoulder, and neck -- 100% gone.
3) Mood swings totally stabilized.
4) Major improvement in digestive system.
5) Better eyesight.
6) Huge improvement in skin tone (no more acne or rosacea or flaky skin).
7) Lots more energy.

The long term affects have been proven. Our ancestors ate keto/carnivore. It's in our DNA.

Anyway ...sorry Lagnar. Didn't mean to hijack.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Good reason NOT to take pharmaceuticals for any reason -- regardless of the source. A good Keto diet will keep the doctor away.
No argument from me about the value of a good keto diet - but many of its followers still attend my practice of their own volition for various medical difficulties they have... maybe they didn't get the memo ;)

·
Ultranationalist
12,878 Posts
No argument from me about the value of a good keto diet - but many of its followers still attend my practice of their own volition for various medical difficulties they have... maybe they didn't get the memo ;)
This. Had a lady yelling at me the other day about her Keto diet and how “holistic” she is, and then said in the next breath that she just needs an occasionally dilaudid injection.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts

The Keto diet isn't a miracle fix for all things medical. But it's done fantastic wonders for me. While everyone around me catches the flu or a cold ... I haven't even come close in more than a year. I'm getting close to 60 and literally run circles around 3 carb-eaters that I work with. Some people who are on Keto didn't start the diet until they did so much internal damage that there may be no turning back completely. Diabetics, for example, can improve their lives on the Keto diet but I don't believe they can completely reverse the damage all those carbs did over the years.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
This. Had a lady yelling at me the other day about her Keto diet and how “holistic” she is, and then said in the next breath that she just needs an occasionally dilaudid injection.

I ate the SAD diet (Standard American Diet - high carb/sugar; pasta; grain; junk food; fast food) for 58 years. Ended up with some permanent damage I'm sure. One can't pump their body with blood-spiking crap for most of their lives without suffering the inevitable consequences at some point.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts