Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Survival Actual
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things will become important in a collapse. Mostly for repairing your home when there's no more Home Depot's around.

• Hammers
  • Nails
  • Wood Glue
  • Hand Cranked Drill
  • Drill bits
  • Screws and Screw Drivers
  • A hand plane and extra blades
  • Paint bushes
  • OIL BASED paint.
  • Sand Paper
  • Caulking Gun
  • Exterior Caulk
  • Roofing sealer/tar
  • Thompson's Water Seal

Please add to this thread if you think of anything else.

·
Getting There!
11,458 Posts
All hand tools qualify here.

Various saws to saw firewood are good to have should fuel be unavailable. Axes too.

All of the hand gardening tools!

Duct tape and plastic sheeting. Should there be a chemical release, a pandemic, or any other air born disaster these are good to have.

Lots of uses for tarps.

·
Fenced In
3,441 Posts
Yup, definitely tools. I specifically look for tools that might be especially helpful in less-than-ideal conditions, such as insulated screwdrivers (for electrical work) and full-tang knives with non-conductive handles. I watch for some of the pre-assembled tool kits to go on clearance sale after Christmas, especially those with individual screwdrivers rather than bit sets that are easily lost.

Although my wife thinks I'm obsessed, I always watch for the flashlight multi-packs that include batteries and are in the plastic blister packs. Neither the lights nor the batteries are great, but they are cheap and can be stored virtually anywhere, even where there's danger of water. I also prefer to get LED flashlights with the longest battery life possible; I only need high-lumen lights for specialized tasks. I'm especially fond of the Rayovac and Black & Decker flashlights (same exact lights, actually) that have built-in clamps, magnets and swiveling heads for use both as traditional flashlights or to attach somewhere to light up a vehicle, campsite or room.

Other than that, socks and gloves are big.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.