Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member of a few survival type groups. I seem to find it easy to get along with most everyone, but I must say I have reservations about some of the people on some of the groups. Now every one is allowed to believe differently than I am, and I am in no way right about anything I believe.

That being stated, a few days ago a friend that use to be on a group I belonged to called. We spoke for about an hour. He asked me some things about machining firearms parts and what he needed. The conversation went to groups and forums and he said that he had called because someone on the group said I was the one to get in touch with when it came to those questions. I thought it was funny, as I left the group because the group "Owner" was in my opinion a dictator and I had no desire to be a part of it even though I did like most of the people I met there.

We continued to talk and he said that if it hit the fan I would be more than welcome to go with him and his family to the "next level" if I showed up. I thought that was a nice gesture but I told him I was no longer part of that group. We spoke a while longer and he explained that the leaders of the individual groups mattered little, the skills and the players that will enable success was the important factor. He said, if it hits the fan it wont be group members half way across the world that I count on, it will be local like minded individuals.

This got me to thinking that it is indeed a good idea to meet up and get to know others with the same mind set as myself. There are more than a few of us in my area and if it hits the fan we will be a strong force if we join strength in any way. Communications is also a great thing as we may be able to have intel about something long before we need to deal with it. I am a part of a few groups, and if I joined all the members together around me I would have greater than 100 people.

Should I try to get everyone together to talk and learn? Is this something that might work?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Should I try to get everyone together to talk and learn? Is this something that might work?
I think it's a good idea to form local alliances, but I'd approach with caution. The problem with meeting people from the internet is that you don't know anything about them. You don't know their history, their family, their friends, whether they keep their word, whether they have compatible ethics, whether their preps are any good or anything else about them. By all means, go and meet up with them in a neutral situation, but don't tip your hand before you're sure they are people you'd want around in a survival situation.

I would also be wary of people who offer to join forces with you without getting to know you first. They are likely either naive or needy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.