Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thanks. To be honest, I'm never going to connect spreadsheets/databases of my preps to the internet for any reason. This negates any advantage for me to use the app over just an Excel/Calc spreadsheet(s) but to each their own. Glad you have something you like.
yep to each his own. Its encrypted so im not too worried about it but I know some are. I use a method of disinformation in my database just in case. Sometimes things arent as they appear to be.. :cool:

·
MyPrepperLife
6,545 Posts
i might just have someone put down a pad and buy a premade storage shed. pay for the delivery/placement as well
That is exactly what I would like to do, but I can't. I've bought three pre-made buildings from a local Amish company, and I'm very happy with them. I'd like to buy a fourth building from them, but the problem is that their delivery drivers refuse to deliver a building to the location where I want it on my property. To reach that location, they would need to drive downhill for quite a distance, and they don't want to. To work around this problem, I'm considering putting the building in a location that is more accessible. I don't think I'm going to talk myself into doing that though; I have reasons for wanting the downhill location.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Thanks. To be honest, I'm never going to connect spreadsheets/databases of my preps to the internet for any reason. This negates any advantage for me to use the app over just an Excel/Calc spreadsheet(s) but to each their own. Glad you have something you like.
Agreed on this point - I dislike cloud-based programs for many reasons.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
A dedicated room is very necessary if you have that option.
If not, kick another kid out............. 🤸‍♀️ :D

• Haha
Reactions: Major Mjolnir

·
Capability, not scenarios
12,680 Posts
I've tended to shy away from using electronic technologies for this kind of thing. All you need is for an EMP or other disaster that takes down the technology we use and we're toast.

HOWEVER...it can't be that all of you using electronic tech haven't considered this. (BTW, I think the QR code thing is very interesting).

So how do you reconcile this? Or just hope/assume that nothing will happen that compromises your ability to manage your preps using electronic technology? Do you print out lists? What's your approach?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I've tended to shy away from using electronic technologies for this kind of thing. All you need is for an EMP or other disaster that takes down the technology we use and we're toast.

HOWEVER...it can't be that all of you using electronic tech haven't considered this. (BTW, I think the QR code thing is very interesting).

So how do you reconcile this? Or just hope/assume that nothing will happen that compromises your ability to manage your preps using electronic technology? Do you print out lists? What's your approach?
1. The database can easily be printed 2. it can be stored on a tablet in a faraday cage 3. to prepare only based on the possible outcome of ONE scenario lacks the flexibility in preparing I adhere to 4. management of preps before a event is just as important as after..... Why have anything with batteries they just go dead, why have guns they just run out of bullets, why stock food or medical supplies it will just run out... Tech is a force multiplier. In increases efficiency. Is it fail safe? NOPE nothing is but I personally leverage it until I can't. The mentality in our community that using tech means you rely on tech and cant cope without it is a MAJOR assumption and you know what they say about that...

61 - 66 of 66 Posts