Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking to see if folks are active on here. Open discussion. I'll start: What difficulties are you facing right now, structurally, weather, etc?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Checking to see if folks are active on here. Open discussion. I'll start: What difficulties are you facing right now, structurally, weather, etc?
Rain is moving in. Winter crops half asleep.Sun seems to be further south than in previous years, but how can that be?
Checking to see if folks are active on here. Open discussion. I'll start: What difficulties are you facing right now, structurally, weat

·
Registered
15 Posts
New to the forum. Portland area.
There are a huge variety of difficulties to prepping right now, in this area, if you are new to it.
I was raised in a rural area in the west end of the Columbia gorge that routinely sees 70+ mph wind gust through the winter, with stiff sustained winds year round. This area also gets a lot of freezing rain as well, and often there are power outages lasting weeks, so I was raised to understand that things are less than ideal often enough that you should be prepared and flexible.
The flexibility part is where most will falter. Not knowing how to use your stocks is one thing, but not knowing how to use whatever you can get is another. I know of many folks my age (mid 30s) who cannot do for themselves, and because of that their lifestyle is rigid in that they are dependent on outside sources for almost everything. Keeping varied stocks and continually learning new subsistence skills is going to be where the rubber meets the road, going forward.
Looking locate, vet and meet like minded folks in my area. PM as you wish.
Tengu out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts