Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive ordered some 4mm o1 tool steel,maple & walnut scales,lanyard tube and a sheath.

I think the next knife i make is going to be a nessmuk.:thumb:because they seem harder to find so should be easier to sell,im testing the market out at the moment.

Ill post some pics when ive made it and if i get time ill do a tutorial on putting a handle on.

The sheath in the picture is the type ive ordered,these are cheaper to buy from the US than they are here in England:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
You're right about Nessies being harder to find and thus easier to sell. They seem to be very popular with bushcrafters and people "in the know" nowadays. I can't wait to see your new Nessie. In the mean time, I'll just continue adminiring your Mini Nessie on my desk. :D:

That's a nice sheath too, by the way.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that turned up quick,good service i must say.

I got my flat stock and lanyard tube today:thumb:

So ive started to make the bushcraft knife so heres some pics,i got the shape done and the bevel,tomorrow ill drill the tang and start on the nessmuk.

I did the bushie first as i have a template for this so tonight ill be working out the template for the nessie.

Although i make a template,because the knives are hand made they always end up with there own character.:thumb:

Ill heat treat and temper them at the same time.

Attachments

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Woot! More of you wonderful knives Sticks! :D:

Reactions: AncientBrit

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
I like the way the bevel is on the knives, something I am not able to do. Good work Bru.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I like the way the bevel is on the knives, something I am not able to do. Good work Bru.
Ive seen your bevels and they look good to me so don't sell yourself short Bru.

What ive found is that doing the bevels on the sander doesn't get them how i want them so i take of the bulk with the belt sander then use files to fine work them,then i use a diamond card to do the finishing touches,i do all this before i forge them as they are easier to work and it makes for less work after forging.:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts