Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well most of the order... They still owe me:
The following items are on backorder:

050012 LNL® CASE PREP CENTER 110 VOLT QTY 1 EA
044102 DIE BS #2 (.224) 22 CAL W/146 QTY 1 EA
546342 DIESET 2 30/30 WIN (.308) QTY 1 EA
546515 DIESET 3 9MM LUGER/9X21 (.355) QTY 1 EA
095200 LNL® AP DUST COVER QTY 1 EA

They said 3 to 4 weeks for all of this BUT the 9mm set, that could take 6 weeks or more...:(

Attachments

Reactions: hawkbern

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wel I have the rcbs Pro 2000 coming... should be here at any time from what they tell me. The only things that did get here from them so far was a 3 die set and the extra tool head and star wheel...

You have seen the Hornady stuff in the photo with the backordered list. I also have Dillon and Lee equipment.. MEC for shotshells.

I will be writing reviews on all of it when it is all here and set up and reloading...

So far (Now this is without the Hornady stuff as I do not have it set up since it just got here) in the photos is:
Mec 600 Jr
MEC 9000GN
Dillon RL 550B
Lee Classic Turret

Attachments

Reactions: Army 21Z

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
LEave the progressive loader alone for awhile. Learn the trade on the signel stage first.

also, it looks like you have a 30/30 2 die set. Purchase a crimper die. This locks the bullet head to the case. Very important on tube fed rifles, high powered rifles, and most semi-automatic rifles. Also, the crimping helps the bullet see more consistent starting pressures, which means more accurate elevation with long range shots.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LEave the progressive loader alone for awhile. Learn the trade on the signel stage first.

also, it looks like you have a 30/30 2 die set. Purchase a crimper die. This locks the bullet head to the case. Very important on tube fed rifles, high poweder rifles, and most semi-automatic rifles. Also, the crimping helps the bullet see more consistent starting pressures, which means more accurate elevation with long range shots.
Thanks for the info, I have done this for years... Years ago...

Got out of it a while back abd sold everything...:(
With the ammo prices decided it was time to get back into it!

But I agree with your advice... Anyone just learning needs to do it one stage at a time..

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice setup. I'm just getting started with the RCBS supreme kit with a single stage press. Looking forward to trying out some different loads after I build up my supplies.
REMEMBER... go by the books, don't try experiments...!

Good Luck and enjoy, oh by the way it gets addictive!!!!

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts

also, it looks like you have a 30/30 2 die set. Purchase a crimper die. This locks the bullet head to the case. Very important on tube fed rifles, high powered rifles, and most semi-automatic rifles. Also, the crimping helps the bullet see more consistent starting pressures, which means more accurate elevation with long range shots.
On the 2 die sets, the seating die is usually also a crimping die. They're a pain in the butt to set up though and I always go with a seperate crimping die.

I have known a lot of folks who learned handloading on a progressive machine. But I agree that it is an aweful lot to try and master at once. I started on a single stage press back when I was a kid.

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
REMEMBER... go by the books, don't try experiments...!

Good Luck and enjoy, oh by the way it gets addictive!!!!
Definately! I had a friend who was a new handloader, try to substitute one powder for another. He had an overpressure case failure in his pistol. Luckily he wasn't injured, but that's still a hard way to learn what should have been a common sense lesson.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So when your articles are finished are you going to continue loading metallic ammo?
A big YES... I will load for friends and family... I always did like reloading, very relaxing...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good looking setup, I recently got the LNL myself - of course, I have been using a single stage RCBS since about '73'. That reminds me - I need to order some more shell plates!
The NEW style shell plates will work on both the new EZ eject system press and the older style with the eject wire... BUT the old style plates will not work with the new press... Just some FYI...

They all start the same with the Eye warning... :thumb:

Below is a GREAT item to add to your set up... Mine is on backorder..:(

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts
Hey Gunner?

Can I get your home address from you? I see you're being assaulted by Evil Brown Trucks and want to um... protect you from the goodies?

Yeah. That's the ticket.

I will be picking your brains soon enough, if you don't mind. I guess that's better than camping out on your door and trying to scurry away with packages like some 70s Hanna-Barbera villain. Bummer on the back-ordered stuff, though.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Gunner?

Can I get your home address from you? I see you're being assaulted by Evil Brown Trucks and want to um... protect you from the goodies?

Yeah. That's the ticket.

I will be picking your brains soon enough, if you don't mind. I guess that's better than camping out on your door and trying to scurry away with packages like some 70s Hanna-Barbera villain. Bummer on the back-ordered stuff, though.
Great NEWS...:thumb:
Got this today!!!!!!!!
Your Hornady order has been shipped. The order number is 4*****.

The following items have been shipped:

050012 LNL® CASE PREP CENTER 110 VOLT QTY 1 EA (This is the item that was on b/order that had me bummed, but not now!)
546515 DIESET 3 9MM LUGER/9X21 (.355) QTY 1 EA

The shipped total is $.00. Paid in full

The following items are on backorder:

044102 DIE BS #2 (.224) 22 CAL W/146 QTY 1 EA
546342 DIESET 2 30/30 WIN (.308) QTY 1 EA
095200 LNL® AP DUST COVER QTY 1 EA

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
On the 2 die sets, the seating die is usually also a crimping die. They're a pain in the butt to set up though and I always go with a seperate crimping die.

I have known a lot of folks who learned handloading on a progressive machine. But I agree that it is an aweful lot to try and master at once. I started on a single stage press back when I was a kid.
i have a RCBS die in 3030 as my main. I also bought a Lee 3 die set. The 3rd die is the crimping die. I do know that there are combination seating and crimping dies out there. Not sure if that lee one is.

From what I hear, the group are better if you seat and crimp separately.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.