Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are only 1100 CCWs in orange county?
and sheriff want to review and reduce those?
2006 census was 3,002,048,
so 1 in 2729 have a permit and that is too many?
my condolences Y'all

Orange County supervisors this week abandoned their traditionally cautious approach and formally urged Sheriff Sandra Hutchens not to revoke any concealed gun permits.

Hutchens' response: "I think we're going to get to a point where we have to respectfully agree to disagree."

The fledgling sheriff triggered a firestorm earlier this year from gun activists when she announced that the sheriff's department would adopt a stricter approach toward handing out concealed weapons permits and would reevaluate the existing 1,100 licenses held across the county. Nearly 100 activists, including National Rifle Association attorneys, showed up last month at a county supervisors meeting, threatening to politically oppose Hutchens and any supervisors who backed her gun policies.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/gun-permits-hutchens-2260539-carona-county

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
She won't be in orifice long.
Hutchens is an idiot affirmative action ladder climber.
Unfortunately her position mirrors Brad Gates', her predecessors predecessor, who gave something like 14 permits the whole thirty some years he was Sheriff.
Brad was tight. He is a close friend of the family and still wouldn't issue my dad one after my family was threatened by members of La Raza.
No, Hutchens won't likely make it in the next election.
That said what she is misquoted or otherwise is misrepresented in her statement about looking into the other 1100 permits is the fact the Mike Corona was a pay for play Sheriff and a pistol permit was only about a $10K donation away.
She stated she was looking into the validity of some of those permits as they relate to the regs on getting one and the suitability of the persons involved.....like as in a few people with rap sheets got permits.
There were permit applications that listed as reason for need as "Because I like carrying a gun.".......... not that I think that's an invalid reasoning but it is sort of arbitrary.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I can't tell you about CA, but those in TX with a concealed handgun license are much safer than citizens without a CHL. Most of the crimes listed are either zero or less than half of one percent.

• Burglary of a habitation .0409%
  • Capital murder of a peace officer or fireman: 0.0000%
  • Crimnal negligent homicde: 2.2222%
  • Deadly conduct: 0.7015
  • Manslaughter: 0.000%
  • Murder: 0.3049%
  • Terroristic threat: 0.3185%
More here: 2006 TX CHL LINK

Point being is that at least here in TX those with a CHL are not punks who abuse the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon and it would be a shame if they would decide to remove CHLs from its citizens.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Point being is that at least here in TX those with a CHL are not punks who abuse the privilege of carrying a concealed weapon and it would be a shame if they would decide to remove CHLs from its citizens.
Yup, there it is, the reason we get to grovel for our rights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts